The Student Room Group

Staying up for 48 hours (Sleep Deprivation Challenge)

So I am a chronic insomniac (age 15) and I never really sleep that much, so this will probably be an OK challenge to attempt. I was diagnosed with insomnia when I was 6. So I'm used to sleepless nights. I will be attempting this challenge starting today (22nd July) and I will end it on (24th July), since that is the day I finish school for the summer. But since I am human and I do fall asleep, does anyone have tips to stay awake for 48 hours, without naps or powernaps, or any alarms. wish me luck !

Scroll to see replies

That sounds unhealthy.
Reply 2
If you're going to stay up for that long, don't drink energy drinks or caffeine. It will mess with your heart.
It's only 48 hours you'll be fine
Reply 4
I prefer the 8 hours of sleep a day challenge
currently wide awake and im feeling great! today is the last day of school and I have a physics test but who gives a ****. its summer!!!!
How’s it going?
its going fantastic actually😂. not as tired as I thought I would be. loads of people will say 'oh, bro you look shattered' today in school but thats alright😂😂
Original post by freddddd123
its going fantastic actually😂. not as tired as I thought I would be. loads of people will say 'oh, bro you look shattered' today in school but thats alright😂😂

That’s good hahha. You can always say your were up studying lool. What are you doing to stay awake?
I am slowly drinking Red Bull (only 250ml) but I have spread it across two nights because my body reacts badly to loads of caffeine at once. I'm also drinking Fanta Orange, and just watching YouTube and downloading some music.
I am slowly drinking Red Bull (only 250ml) but I have spread it across two nights because my body reacts badly to loads of caffeine at once. I'm also drinking Fanta Orange, and just watching YouTube and downloading some music.

Woahh. Fizzy drinks and caffeine’s are a bad idea eek. Drink some water x
ok I will, I was drinking some about two hours ago but I finished my glass and didn't refill it because everyone in my house was awake due to the thunderstorms, and I didn't want to be caught. I will refill my glass now.
ok I will, I was drinking some about two hours ago but I finished my glass and didn't refill it because everyone in my house was awake due to the thunderstorms, and I didn't want to be caught. I will refill my glass now.

Ahh you’re cute. Did the thunderstorm stop now?
yes, now it has. it was thundering and there was fork lightning, so my younger siblings were frightened and awoke my parents.
yes, now it has. it was thundering and there was fork lightning, so my younger siblings were frightened and awoke my parents.

What part of the uk are you from? Pretty sure we never had much of that here in London, other than couple thunder-strikes and that’s about it😪
oh this happened in Buckinghamshire (that's pretty close to London) , but it may depend on which part of London you are in. anyway, why are YOU up this early?
oh this happened in Buckinghamshire (that's pretty close to London) , but it may depend on which part of London you are in. anyway, why are YOU up this early?

Ohh Yhh that’s not too far. I live in south London 🙃. I don’t knowww😂😂guess I’ll be doing the challenge with you tonight
(edited 4 years ago)
lol. let's both suffer in school today (that is if your still at school - idk when your term dates r) but yeah, ive got a lovely physics test today and I don't think my brain will be able to cope with doing equations, will probably fall asleep in it. I will also probably fall asleep in the long assembly as well. just have to hope I don't win any awards or that will be annoying and embarrassing especially if I am sleeping😂😂😂
lol. let's both suffer in school today (that is if your still at school - idk when your term dates r) but yeah, ive got a lovely physics test today and I don't think my brain will be able to cope with doing equations, will probably fall asleep in it. I will also probably fall asleep in the long assembly as well. just have to hope I don't win any awards or that will be annoying and embarrassing especially if I am sleeping😂😂😂

Fortunately, I broke off in June. Ahh make sure you don’t sleep during that exam and good luck! I’m sure you’ll do well!! A long assembly before an exam? Why’s that?
oh no the assembly's after the exam and it is just a certificate hand out thingy, like they go through the years and give out certificates, but its a whole school assembly, its just to round off the year, I guess

Quick Reply

Latest