The Student Room Group

Maintaining a healthy lifestyle amidst academics: exercise, nutrition, sleep tips?

Dear fellow students,

I need your help in finding a solution to a common challenge we face: maintaining a healthy lifestyle while managing academic responsibilities. How do you prioritize exercise, nutrition, and sleep amidst a busy schedule? What tips or strategies can you share to ensure we stay physically fit, well-nourished, and well-rested while meeting academic demands? Your insights and experiences would be greatly appreciated.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 1
Engage in some physical exercise on a semi-regular basis, learn basic cooking skills, don't stay up until 3am playing Call of Duty.

It's not rocket science.
Hi there

Balancing a healthy lifestyle with academic responsibilities is indeed a common challenge many of us face. From my personal experience, the key is integration rather than separation. Instead of trying to allocate separate chunks of time for exercise, nutrition, and sleep, try to incorporate these into your daily routine. For instance, use your breaks to do quick exercises or prepare healthy snacks. Make sure you establish a regular sleep schedule and stick to it, even during exam periods. Remember, your health is as important as your academic success, and taking care of yourself can actually enhance your academic performance. It's all about finding a balance that works for you.

Let me know if you have any questions,
Ilya :smile:
Original post by ameliabrooke856
Dear fellow students,

I need your help in finding a solution to a common challenge we face: maintaining a healthy lifestyle while managing academic responsibilities. How do you prioritize exercise, nutrition, and sleep amidst a busy schedule? What tips or strategies can you share to ensure we stay physically fit, well-nourished, and well-rested while meeting academic demands? Your insights and experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @ameliabrooke856 ,

I am a first year music student at Kingston. Along with my course, I am currently working 3 jobs at the university itself. Despite the work, I have been able to consistently get adequate sleep, have meals on time, and keep up with the gym. I was initially struggling quite heavily and felt like there was too much on my plate, however, the knight in shining armor for me, was one word, 'routine'.

In my personal experience, having an edged in stone routine not only ensures that you can get everything done, but do so, without stress. I would recommend taking the time out to plan out your routine, and sticking to it no matter what for the first few days. You'll slowly find spots that'll need adjusting, but I assure you over time, It'll become as smooth as clockwork.

What would an ideal routine look like for you @ameliabrooke856 ?

Hope this helps in some way! If you have any other queries regarding the same, I'd love to help.

Cheers 🙂 ,
-Addy (Kingston Rep)

Quick Reply

Latest