The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
For all the risk and effort it would take to cheat, I'd consider it worth more to simply revise instead.

But just from a curious prespective, if you really wanted to cheat, there are plenty of untapped and difficult to detect ways that people haven't thought of.

e.g. get a long-sleeve t-shirt printed with pattern on the sleeves, which to the naked eye is a random swirl of red and white, but through the red-filter contact lens you're wearing in your non-dominant eye, is pages worth of infromation. A la the red Cluedo magnifying glass.
Reply 121
Nope. I'd be too terrified of being caught. I'm an honest person :biggrin:
Besides my school is very vigilant in enforcing its clean desk and hands policy so it would be nigh on impossible even if I wanted to.

Also, what is the point of writing stuff on your arm etc.? You don't know whats going to come up and writing out everything and deciphering that would take up too much precious time in the exams.
Never. You're only cheating yourself, after all.
Wouldn't dare in a real exam, I'm far too paranoid.

Besides, it's kind of embarrassing - the majority of people do well on their own merit and you have to cheat to even keep up? Sad.
Reply 124
Salinger
how can they because people can easily put down somebody's name in their profile who goes to their college - theres no proof its the actual person online as the name on their profile.

Unless you have the intent of pretending to be somebody else to get them into trouble by putting their name in your profile and claiming to have cheated, then why would you do that?

If the investigation with me is anything to go by, they will make sure they have the right person before taking any further action. For example if the pupil's reaction to the letter is something like "What the hell is The Student Room? I have never heard of that username" etc. then chances are it is not them. Or that they could be lying. In which case I don't know what would happen as I had the honesty to own up, believing that what I had done was an honest mistake and that I had no intent of cheating.
But I would assume that depending on the severity of the alleged cheating, TSR maybe able to pass on the users IP address to be traced or even have their internet history searched. (I don't really know how far the law can be involved in exam cheating, I am just making a guess on what could happen if they really wanted to find out who you were).
Reply 125
No. Isn't really worth it.
scaryhair
Never. You're only cheating yourself, after all.

Couldn't agree more!
Reply 127
when doing a GCSE exam someone (who was considered a 'good girl') sitting infront of me just turned around and looked at my paper and copied an answer. I was like :eek: - she didn't get caught.

It is quite easy to cheat in exams though, noone checks anything
Reply 128
When I was at my school in Italy we were doing the final exams at the end of middle school and during the english exam, the teacher was walking around the hall looking at some exam papers as they were being done. Then, for the ones who hadn't got a clue, he came over to me and whispered at me to help them.
*edits name too* XD
all they have to do is find your IP address which can be easy enough with the right connections.. look at internet bullying, lots of schools get the sites to give them the IPs so they can find out who they are and track them..

and:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=21882
what if ocr isn't your exam board?
just curious
Ukazi-TazZy
what if ocr isn't your exam board?
just curious

lol WELL :rolleyes: that was just one of them :rolleyes: that have signed up..
maybe.
Melting Sugar.
lol WELL :rolleyes: that was just one of them :rolleyes: that have signed up..
maybe.

hehe
i had a perfect oppertunity last week because i had 2 exams but was supposed to stay under "continuous supervision" but i didnt put 2 and 2 together and didnt realise the rest of my class had already sat the exam in the first hour and a half and i was aloud to go into the toilets unsupervised so if id wanted to the oppertunity was defintely there.
also sum1 said on this forum somebody was rejected from cambridge for posting interview questions up. i kinda did that but didnt think anything of it so hope it wasnt me!
oh and also sum1s fone went off in their pocket last week n ive heard the whole room can be DQed for that, any truth in it?
When I was doing my year 9 maths SAT paper I was stuck on this question on enlargement (:rolleyes:), and I happened to see that the girl sitting in the row next to me was drawing lines from the shape that needed to be enlarged. That made me remember :biggrin:

But I've never actually cheated in exams. It's never even occured to me, actually.
I get paranoid that i'm going to be pulled out for cheating even though I wouldn't dare.. the most I look up is to stare at the clock.. :rolleyes:
Reply 137
Just cheating yourself.
Cheated my way through GCSE's, most exams writing all up my arms, maybe a slip of paper in my pocket, it's all good...

Writing down my fingers was my favourite, I could manage 4 decent abbreviated points on my left hand, just had to make sure I kept it on the desk when invigilators walked past.

A-Level I can't really because it's in too much detail to write on your hand.

EDIT: Science I cheated the hell out of, I could never remember the stupid equations and chemicals because we used to just mess around in class. cheating isn't bad at all tbh.
Reply 139
Not in an external exam. I've never had to, tbh, although recently I'm feeling more and more like just peeking at the genius sat next to me who has already finished and is flipping through his paper feverishly... I also have a UV pen where it writes invisible and has a teeny UV light on the end that makes your writing show up, I think that's pretty tempting. I never will though, especially as I've only got three exams left and there'd be no point because I've already revised for them. Maybe I will for General Studies tomorrow. Oh wait no, because I'll get higher than the person sat next to me anyway. I don't mean that in a big headed way, I got 100% at AS. Anyway, I've always been so paranoid about exam regs and getting all my grades scratched that I tend to check my pockets at least five times for my phone/ipod before I go in.

Latest