The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

burninginme
Inbred ******s from the Celtic countries are able to bang on freely about how much they hate England and the English and get away with it. Yet if an English person does the same thing, they're called racists.

true very true.

You cannot be racist/sexist/discriminate against the majority - its always the same.

although that is a tad racist
Reply 41
snafle
I can guess they're claiming the dole because they're walking round tesco's in the middle of the day, loooking like they just got up. Maybe some of them work nights but I doubt it, since I see the same bastards walking round town at night.

Really. I would hope you wouldn't assume every single person you see in a shop during the day is "on the dole" (just because they my be dressed scruffy)

Wokring from home, part-time workers, working nights, on holiday, students.... Some (and by this a mean a tiny minority) may be genuinely sick and unable to do work.

Don't assume. That's just prejudice.

snafle
There's a difference between asylum seekers and immigrants ya know.

Not necessarily. Asylum seekers or long term displaced persons can be classed as one kind of immigrant.

As you were referring to migrants getting housing I assumed you were referring to those largely living off the state, such as asylum seekers, rather than economic migrants.

snafle
What? Council housing isn't divied out based on race... and I never said anything about luxury flats.

I didn't say you did. I was just making the point that housing for asylum seekers is often in deprived, inner city areas.

For economic migrants, the (hardworking but low paid ones) who may be dependent on council housing are often also found in the more deprived, poorer quality housing, areas. The council housing in suburbs, some of the best quality housing there is, is either entirely private these days (and therefore not affordable to a low paid economic migrant) or is still local-authority owned but already occupied. Often only the poorer housing is available.

I was only agreeing with you

As for the luxury flats then ignore that, I was just referring to a recent thread.
burninginme
Every Nation has it's origins in other countries, who have come together to form a nationality and an ethnicity. Of course, no one true race of people is ever born in one place, but they come together and build what we have today. If people's racial origins from thousands of years ago we're really ever siginficant, there would be no nationalities to speak of, only people's origins. People don't say "Oh, my accestors came over on boats from Iceland". No, they refer to themselves as British or whatever and I don't think the case was so different back then. Why should a load of people who have had no assosciation with the original people who built up this country just come and reap the benefits of a first world society without any had in it? No, they just abandon their own ****hole and countymen. Idiots.

Amen to that, and can I just add that snifles is an ass. British people have British blood end of story, its different for people of other races calling themselves canadian or american since they arent a race in the first place.
snafle

I go into tesco's at lunchtime and see dole scrounging white bastards wandering around with their horrible children. These are the idorts. I very rarely see dole scrounging yellow/black/brown bastards.

Well a few day ago, I was on an estate with "dole scrounging" "black bastards" to use your language.
Reply 44
Patriotism is being proud of your country. That doesn't necessarily mean discriminating against other countries (racism) but it can do.
annarchy
I don't really want to start a debate or a war, just would like you to elaborate on that, please?
I'm presuming by "adapt" you mean accomodate? Or...

No. I mean how.. argh can't think of a good example now (should've explained mroe while my mind wasn't on other things last night).. but like a while ago there was that woman not allowed to wear her crucifix because itr could offend people. Don't get me wrong - I know there's been problems for the people coming over, however if I went to their countries I'd follow their cultural ideas, and I don't think it should be people here having to compromise due to people that CHOSE to move here.

Of course most of that is actually governments and such, not the actual people and I realise that.

Argh will try to explain better later what I meant - science reviison + politics doesn't work well together for me:rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending