Psychology Degree? Worth it? Watch

idolgcfs
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hello, I was considering a degree in Psychology because I don't know what else to do, but with research I found that it doesn't exactly lead to that many jobs or jobs with a high salary? So, I am thinking of doing children's nursing as a degree, is that better? My A Levels are currently, English, Sociology and Psychology but I have done plenty of work experience with children in primary schools and I will soon do some wex in my local hopsital too!
DuckDodgers
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Do you want to be a children's nurse? If so then yes do that degree as it will (hopefully) lead to it.

Psychology is a broader degree. With the right experience, you can get into a lot of different fields.

As you're undecided I'd advise the psych degree but it's up to you.
Myrtey
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
How passionate are you about the subject? I know that psychology is quite an oversubscribed subject so it can be harder to get a job in the field. But if it's really what you want to do, you'll probably regret changing your dream course for something you don't like as much.
marinade
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Many Psychology graduates are support workers immediately after graduating. Nothing wrong with this, broad range of life skills, but I wish more people would say this as some graduates really don't like the sound of doing that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.75%
Excited (150)
8.98%
Worried (302)
18.07%
Terrified (374)
22.38%
Meh (154)
9.22%
Confused (37)
2.21%