The Student Room Group

Psychology Degree? Worth it?

Hello, I was considering a degree in Psychology because I don't know what else to do, but with research I found that it doesn't exactly lead to that many jobs or jobs with a high salary? So, I am thinking of doing children's nursing as a degree, is that better? My A Levels are currently, English, Sociology and Psychology but I have done plenty of work experience with children in primary schools and I will soon do some wex in my local hopsital too!
Do you want to be a children's nurse? If so then yes do that degree as it will (hopefully) lead to it.

Psychology is a broader degree. With the right experience, you can get into a lot of different fields.

As you're undecided I'd advise the psych degree but it's up to you.
Reply 2
How passionate are you about the subject? I know that psychology is quite an oversubscribed subject so it can be harder to get a job in the field. But if it's really what you want to do, you'll probably regret changing your dream course for something you don't like as much.
Many Psychology graduates are support workers immediately after graduating. Nothing wrong with this, broad range of life skills, but I wish more people would say this as some graduates really don't like the sound of doing that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending