The Student Room Group

Medicine help - am I guaranteed interview if I meet the requirements?

I just received my a level results and want to apply to medicine next year I did

AQA biology - A
AQA Chemistry - A
Edexcel Maths -A

If I fit the GCSE, UKCAT and A level results entry requirement and have a decent personal statement , am I guranteed an interview for the chose university ?

Any help will be appreciated
Thanks
Reply 1
Oh ok thanks,

Also does having achieved a level grades give me an advantage of people who only have predicted grades ?
Reply 2
Original post by 13Mahmoods
Oh ok thanks,

Also does having achieved a level grades give me an advantage of people who only have predicted grades ?

Advantage with Achieved A levels

Cardiff (add points from achieved A levels to GCSE points), UEA, Aberdeen (both give extra points for achieved A levels), Liverpool (say "Applicants with a minimum of 12 points at GCSE may be considered if, at the time of application, they have achieved AAA in Biology, Chemistry and 1 other academic A2 level at a single sitting"), and Leicester (will actually interview anyone with achieved grades who meets minimum requirements, stating " Provided you have attained at least grade B at first sitting in the 4 mandatory GCSE subjects, plus AAA or A*AB at A level (or IB 36 or more including 666 or 7,6,51 in HL subjects) in our required subjects within 2 years of your GCSEs, AND have a total UCAT score in the top 7 deciles with an SJT Band 1-3 we will automatically invite you to interview provided you are within 2 years of leaving school.”

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending