The Student Room Group

Failed As A-levels

I failed Mathematics(E), Psychology(E) and Computer Science(U). I didn't try my best and i know I could have done better. The college I sat the exams at are not letting me re-take so i'm not sure what to do. I'm not sure if sixth forms will let me in because i'm in a year above the year 11's right now.

Any advice would be nice :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Kira_16
I failed Mathematics(E), Psychology(E) and Computer Science(U). I didn't try my best and i know I could have done better. The college I sat the exams at are not letting me re-take so i'm not sure what to do. I'm not sure if sixth forms will let me in because i'm in a year above the year 11's right now.

Any advice would be nice :smile:

you may repeat your A level. Either write in oct/nov or in feb/mar depending on how ready you feel. as painful as it is, failure can be a good thing sometimes. It teaches you a lot if you allow it.
Reply 2
At the college I am studying at, they do not allow retakes of As Alevels or Btec as the alevels have changed. I do not want to retake them privately so I have decided to change my subjects. Yes definitely, I feel as though if I had just worked harder instead of procrastinating this would not of happened. It's fine now I learnt my lesson and will work my hardest with the new subjects I have chosen.
Is there no way you can convince them. I failed my AS computing but I compromised and said if I don’t get a good grade on our next mock then I’ll leave otherwise I would like to stay. And it worked, got a U in AS but then an A in my mock
Reply 4
Original post by username4499734
Is there no way you can convince them. I failed my AS computing but I compromised and said if I don’t get a good grade on our next mock then I’ll leave otherwise I would like to stay. And it worked, got a U in AS but then an A in my mock

The a levels have changed and teachers are stricter than ever I feel like. I did try to convince them by using my attendance and good standard of homework and mock exams. Though, due to the college system they did not allow me to continue into A2. Fortunately my good study record and good GCSEs allowed me to change my alevels. my favourite alevel at the moment Graphics has been truly enjoyable and now I see my failed As as a learning curve which I have learnt my lesson from.

Quick Reply

Latest