The Student Room Group

Thoughts on my results ?????????

I know my results aren't the best but here goes nothing. I got 4 9's, 1 8, 3 7's and 2 6's and distinction*. I'm pleased with my results but torn on the 6's. Anyway, How are u guys feeling and are any of u in the same boat?
(edited 4 years ago)
Those grades are amazing! Don’t be so hard on yourself :smile:
Your results are great. Go celebrate!!
Original post by FailingmyGCSE
I know my results aren't the best but here goes nothing. I got 4 9's, 1 8, 3 7's and 2 6's. I'm pleased with my results but torn on the 6's. Anyway, How are u guys feeling and are any of u in the same boat?

I got the same as you but 2 8s, I wish 2 out of my 3 7s were 8 but whatever, I got 9s in the subjects I wanna do for a level
You need to change your name on here ! That’s really putting yourself down , you’ve done amazingly well! It’s always best to go through life with a ‘glass half full’ attitude .
Congratulations you should be dancing round your bedroom. Within a month of starting your A levels you’ll not even remember the grade 6
Original post by Mumofson
You need to change your name on here ! That’s really putting yourself down , you’ve done amazingly well! It’s always best to go through life with a ‘glass half full’ attitude .
Congratulations you should be dancing round your bedroom. Within a month of starting your A levels you’ll not even remember the grade 6

I agree, you definitely need to change it!
Thank u so much. I chose the name last year when I was really depressed and down. I'm happy with my grades, I'm not one of those sour people who need online validation to feel fulfilled. I just wanna discuss results, realities vs expectations, etc. Thank you all btw :3
I know my results aren't the best but here goes nothing. I got 4 9's, 1 8, 3 7's and 2 6's and distinction*. I'm pleased with my results but torn on the 6's. Anyway, How are u guys feeling and are any of u in the same boat?

I got similar grades to you, with 9s in all the subjects I’m passionate about and want to take to A-Level. The rest were mostly 8s and 7s, with a 6 in English Language. Personally I feel really happy about them, as I worked really hard across all my subjects.

I did feel a little disappointed with my 6 in English at first considering how much effort I put into it, but now I feel I’m content with what I got. So to me your grades seem fantastic, but I understand that success is relative to each individual. Wishing you all the best! :tongue:
Original post by moonrose
I got similar grades to you, with 9s in all the subjects I’m passionate about and want to take to A-Level. The rest were mostly 8s and 7s, with a 6 in English Language. Personally I feel really happy about them, as I worked really hard across all my subjects.

I did feel a little disappointed with my 6 in English at first considering how much effort I put into it, but now I feel I’m content with what I got. So to me your grades seem fantastic, but I understand that success is relative to each individual. Wishing you all the best! :tongue:

Thank you for understanding. Honestly, I got the 6's in subjects I never really did like or passionate about. Btw, what are u considering for A-levels?
Tsr makes me realise just how **** my gcse grades were 😂 i’d be so happy with a 6!
Original post by NoTearsLeftToCry
Tsr makes me realise just how **** my gcse grades were 😂 i’d be so happy with a 6!

How did you do? :biggrin:
Original post by Hazzabear
How did you do? :biggrin:

i got a two 6’s, and two 5’s, one 3, and 4 e’s. wby
Reply 12
Those are fantastic grades you should be proud :smile:
I got six 9's and three 8's but an eight for the subject I want to do for A level. YIKES.
Thank you for understanding. Honestly, I got the 6's in subjects I never really did like or passionate about. Btw, what are u considering for A-levels?

I’ve applied to study Physics, Maths, Spanish and EPQ. I did really want to do Chemistry as well, but I think I’d regret taking on that much work when I get to Year 13, so I’ve decided not to do it. What about you?

Quick Reply

Latest