The Student Room Group

quantitative reasoning of UCAT

Hi, my UCAT is coming up soon, I'm struggling to get my timing within the limits of the quantitative reasoning section, I have looked at loads of videos for tips online but none of the advice is really working for me in speeding up my process in answering the questions. Just wondering if anyone on here has any VERY good tips to speed up the process of me answering questions in this section!
Extremely grateful for all suggestions.
Many thanks!
To be quite honest? I struggled too. I sat my UCAT today and my highest score was in QR. Until now, it's been one of my lowest scores during my mocks, averaging at about 530.

My piece of advice? Use Medify. It's an excellent website which provides well over 1000 practice questions, including a series of timed mocks and mini-mocks, so you could effectively just keep practising and practising under timed conditions. It is not free, but it is quite affordable too.

Timing was a big issue for me with QR, and in today's test I scored 730. I think I can largely put that down to my ability to use the numpad on the keyboard without having to look, and can type on it extremely quickly (I work as a receptionist in A&E and we have to use the numpad to input data a lot so I can do it much without looking). This meant I could effectively calculate things on the on-screen calculator quicker than I could mentally.

I went into today's UCAT expecting for my score in QR to be my worst, but I was totally taken aback when it was the highest. Just have faith in yourself, and believe that you have tried your absolute hardest.

And don't let your score determine whether you read medicine or not. There is so so so much more to studying medicine than this ****ty little test. Don't let it dictate your future. There are options.

Good luck!
Original post by pericardium
To be quite honest? I struggled too. I sat my UCAT today and my highest score was in QR. Until now, it's been one of my lowest scores during my mocks, averaging at about 530.

My piece of advice? Use Medify. It's an excellent website which provides well over 1000 practice questions, including a series of timed mocks and mini-mocks, so you could effectively just keep practising and practising under timed conditions. It is not free, but it is quite affordable too.

Timing was a big issue for me with QR, and in today's test I scored 730. I think I can largely put that down to my ability to use the numpad on the keyboard without having to look, and can type on it extremely quickly (I work as a receptionist in A&E and we have to use the numpad to input data a lot so I can do it much without looking). This meant I could effectively calculate things on the on-screen calculator quicker than I could mentally.

I went into today's UCAT expecting for my score in QR to be my worst, but I was totally taken aback when it was the highest. Just have faith in yourself, and believe that you have tried your absolute hardest.

And don't let your score determine whether you read medicine or not. There is so so so much more to studying medicine than this ****ty little test. Don't let it dictate your future. There are options.

Good luck!

thank you so much, appreciate your help!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending