The Student Room Group

Is it a way to see instant boost in ucat score

Hi, I have my ucat in about 13 days time and worried that my constnat revising of 4 hours everyday hasn't payed of even after 4 weeks of constant revision. I am getting no more than 2100 in my mocks. It there a way to turn this all around. I have done everything I can. Practicing as much as I can. I find quantitative reasoning the hardest as i am getting no more than 570 in it even though I was really good at gcse maths. I don't undertsnad the questions and sometime when I think I do I end up getting a wrong answer and that takes up my time alot. How to I improve my revision for qr now I only have 13 days left and I am panicking
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by mikoimran
Hi, I have my ucat in about 13 days time and worried that my constnat revising of 4 hours everyday hasn't payed of even after 4 weeks of constant revision. I am getting no more than 2100 in my mocks. It there a way to turn this all around. I have done everything I can. Practicing as much as I can. I find quantitative reasoning the hardest as i am getting no more than 570 in it even though I was really good at gcse maths. I don't undertsnad the questions and sometime when I think I do I end up getting a wrong answer and that takes up my time alot. How to I improve my revision for qr now I only have 13 days left and I am panicking

@KA_P any tips :smile:

UCAT megathread for 2024 is here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7328835 :h:
Original post by mikoimran

Really recommend checking out the UCAT megathread for 2023 entry here on TSR for some really good advice on how to improve your score. You still have time to improve, try to focus on getting used to the type of questions and building a good techinique. It's important to take regular breaks with UCAT as many are prone to burnout with how exhausting it can get. Please do belive in yourself, you can only try your best - nothing more. We're rooting for you all the way :console:

For QR read the last line of the question first to see which information is relevant in the rest of the question. Focus on honing your mental maths skills to help with speed and fully utilise the whiteboard :hugs:

Original post by She-Ra
@KA_P any tips :smile:

UCAT megathread for 2024 is here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7328835 :h:

Thanks for the tag :biggrin:
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest