The Student Room Group

I need advice GCSE - ALEVEL

So I'm soon to begin year 12, I've recently finished my GCSEs and i wanted to ask something that I've had in my mind. I did foundation maths and got the highest I could get which was a 5, however, I could've done higher maths if I actually paid attention in class however I was always lazy. I only started trying as GCSEs were approaching. I do regret it now as I need that 6 in GCSE to do computer science in unix as it's what I want to do in the future and I won't be able to get into good unis without it. I currently need advice and if i should try and ask my teachers to let me retake maths and do higher maths. I now i've messed up and it's pretty late but i need advice.
Original post by MrMello
So I'm soon to begin year 12, I've recently finished my GCSEs and i wanted to ask something that I've had in my mind. I did foundation maths and got the highest I could get which was a 5, however, I could've done higher maths if I actually paid attention in class however I was always lazy. I only started trying as GCSEs were approaching. I do regret it now as I need that 6 in GCSE to do computer science in unix as it's what I want to do in the future and I won't be able to get into good unis without it. I currently need advice and if i should try and ask my teachers to let me retake maths and do higher maths. I now i've messed up and it's pretty late but i need advice.

If it's pretty important to you to take Computer science I would try retaking it. You can still fit in during AS.. I mean you'll need to be working hard anyway.
Reply 2
Hi, if I were you, I would contact your college (the one you're starting) and speak to them about it. I know a girl in my college who retook her maths in her first year of college, not because she failed, but just to try and get a higher grade! You may have to pay, I'm not sure, but it's worth enquiring about and I don't think they could stop you! There's always a way around it and it'd be worth doing it in your first year and getting it out of the way.
Reply 3
ohh okay thank you guys so much for the advice. defiantly will be talking to my teachers

Quick Reply

Latest