The Student Room Group

remark, is it worth it?

i got 7 9s, 2 8s and a 6
my rs was one mark off a 9 but because it’s edexcel my teacher can view it and my school will pay for a remark if they think i’ve got a mark
but my english literature was a 6 and was 2 marks off a 7 - but because it’s on AQA i can’t view my paper first and it’s not like i’m continuing into alevel as i just need one english grade to be a 7 to get into sixth form (and i got english language) - is it worth me getting it remark?
i am kinda annoyed about it because i worked so hard as english is my worst subject but part of me knows it’s not too important
Original post by miarosexoxo
i got 7 9s, 2 8s and a 6
my rs was one mark off a 9 but because it’s edexcel my teacher can view it and my school will pay for a remark if they think i’ve got a mark
but my english literature was a 6 and was 2 marks off a 7 - but because it’s on AQA i can’t view my paper first and it’s not like i’m continuing into alevel as i just need one english grade to be a 7 to get into sixth form (and i got english language) - is it worth me getting it remark?
i am kinda annoyed about it because i worked so hard as english is my worst subject but part of me knows it’s not too important

The marks can go up or down on a remark, and there is in my opinion a surprisingly high chance they may change. There are a number of things to consider such as how you felt the exams went, how the mark compared to mocks and how far you are above the boundary below (i.e. the risk of it going down compared to up). At the end of the day it is probably only you that can make the decision, but as you say its probably not that important so whatever choice you make will be ok.
Original post by mychess51
The marks can go up or down on a remark, and there is in my opinion a surprisingly high chance they may change. There are a number of things to consider such as how you felt the exams went, how the mark compared to mocks and how far you are above the boundary below (i.e. the risk of it going down compared to up). At the end of the day it is probably only you that can make the decision, but as you say its probably not that important so whatever choice you make will be ok.

okay thank you
i was 2 marks off a seven and 11 marks into a 6, it was definitely the best english lit exam i’ve ever done but it is one of my worst subjects and i did get a 5 in my mock but that was mostly because i had to leave the exam
i was predicted a 6/7

Quick Reply

Latest