The Student Room Group

Do you know who your MP is?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NoTearsLeftToCry
why would you force yourself into liking something you don’t? i don’t enjoy reading most books, I’m not going to just read cause ppl say it’s good.

I feel like I would be disadvantaging myself somehow if I was oblivious to the way our society functions. Don't you? Also, for the course I want to do at university, I feel like I should be familiar with politics.
Know him, never voted for him - so much for democracy, with this first past the post nonsense.
Not really i couldn’t care less. All i do know is the way the government is right now is not something i’m too happy about. Oh okay well then you do you x
Not really i couldn’t care less. All i do know is the way the government is right now is not something i’m too happy about. Oh okay well then you do you x

See, that is it. I feel the very same way. Whenever people ask me for my political opinions, all I can offer is my distaste at the current state of our society. However, sometimes I feel like a total phoney because though I have 'strong' opinions on some issues, I have very little understanding of how they came to be. x
I also think (doubt) that perhaps the reason why I don't care for politics is because I am too lazy to do my research.
Well if it will benefit you then just do it. For the sake of education. Trust me i understand. I’m always lazy to research
Well if it will benefit you then just do it. For the sake of education. Trust me i understand. I’m always lazy to research

For the sake education, only. Agreed.
You are not lazy, smh. :lovehug:
(edited 4 years ago)
Of course the beauty of a democracy is that you have the freedom to opt out of the process, but it's not a good thing to do considering you're giving up all your power in changing society. It's always better to take part :smile:
here u go:
:kiss2:
jk jk
i am lazy hun and it’s okay. it’s not an insult❤️ love ya
here u go:
:kiss2:
jk jk
i am lazy hun and it’s okay. it’s not an insult❤️ love ya

Well if today is the rare occasion on which we will be honest, can I just admit that I never use emojis because I am too lazy to find the right ones? The ones I use again and again are these two: :rofl: and :biggrin:
Original post by LostLioness
Well if today is the rare occasion on which we will be honest, can I just admit that I never use emojis because I am too lazy to find the right ones? The ones I use again and again are these two: :rofl: and :biggrin:

omg yesssss!! just use ur phone emojis. a lot faster. the laughing one takes too long to find and the rest of them. and i’m not learning by heart. the kissing emoji is right here 😘
Original post by Rakas21
Don't forget their 2015 manifesto policy of allowing people to legally join terror groups (if you send a few grand to ISIS it's for their weekly magazine and not to blow up Infadels) or even their 2017 manifesto policy of not putting women in prison for the same offences as they would a man.

Oh I know mate, they are totally mad mate. Completely crazy.
Reply 51
Original post by Rakas21
Not a shock. We saw in May what happened when we failed to deliver Brexit (1300 council seat losses and our worst ever election performance) and to be honest it has scared the crap out of Tory MP’s.

When you have a Labour Party who will oppose May’s deal even though it’s almost exactly what they want, Tory MP’s had nowhere to turn but Boris.

You might look down on your MP for surrendering to No Deal but your MP can’t help his constituents if he’s booted out at the next election because half the Tory vote goes Brx Party and let’s the Comrade in.

You seem to be forgetting you lost plenty of councillors due to the Tories having an extremist Brexit position. Not how well the remain parties did.
Reply 52
Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
Know him, never voted for him - so much for democracy, with this first past the post nonsense.

It’s interesting isn’t it, bad some massive upset, if you live in an electoral district that’s considered a safe seat there’s absolutely no point in voting for the opposition is there as your vote counts for nought.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending