The Student Room Group

UCAT 2020 entry

Poll

Which mock on medify was most similar to the real test?

- I'm sitting the UCAT for 2020 entry in 3 days, and my average scores on medify range between 2400-2700 (i'm aware that its not the most consistent). Are they telling of how my performance in the actual test will be?
- Should I postpone it by a week and more extensively practice timed test sets on medify?
- Also, is the difficulty level of the practice tests on the official website more similar to the actual test than medify? I found the practice tests on the official website to be considerably harder than medify (primarily QR, AR, DM, VR seemed more or less the same)
- Also, I realize this may be a dumb question to ask because i'm so close to the test date, but is the ucat randomised for everyone? We dont all get the same questions?
- Was there any one test on medify which seemed identical to the difficulty level of the real test?
Reply 1
Original post by akihcurr
- I'm sitting the UCAT for 2020 entry in 3 days, and my average scores on medify range between 2400-2700 (i'm aware that its not the most consistent). Are they telling of how my performance in the actual test will be?
- Should I postpone it by a week and more extensively practice timed test sets on medify?
- Also, is the difficulty level of the practice tests on the official website more similar to the actual test than medify? I found the practice tests on the official website to be considerably harder than medify (primarily QR, AR, DM, VR seemed more or less the same)
- Also, I realize this may be a dumb question to ask because i'm so close to the test date, but is the ucat randomised for everyone? We dont all get the same questions?
- Was there any one test on medify which seemed identical to the difficulty level of the real test?

I'm sitting the UCAT in 5 days and my average scores on medify is lower than yours and im also thinking of postponing mine to a later date as well for proper practice. I feel like if you postpone yours there are better chances that you would score higher in the real test. Well, goodluck to you
Reply 2
Good luck to you too! Can I ask how many days of practice you've had leading upto your date? Is medify the only resource you've used? Also, are you an international student or from the UK/EU
Original post by Adedayo
I'm sitting the UCAT in 5 days and my average scores on medify is lower than yours and im also thinking of postponing mine to a later date as well for proper practice. I feel like if you postpone yours there are better chances that you would score higher in the real test. Well, goodluck to you
Reply 3
Good luck to you too! Can I ask how many days of practice you've had leading upto your date? Is medify the only resource you've used? Also, are you an international student or from the UK/EU

i dont practice everyday though due to other activities but the last time i practiced which was on thursday i got the average medify score of 508.5... im from the uk and i've tried using the 600 ukcat practice questions too which is according to me ,a lot more harder than medify . i still have a lot of work to do and i dont think 5 days would be enough
Reply 4
Does anyone now how I can use a score convertor to estimate my scores for the DM section? I cant seem to understand how the partial scoring system for the syllogisms (drag and drop) works. Suppose i leave all 10 of the syllogisms unattended, what will be my overall DM score? And what does the score range for DM on medify indicate?
guys depending on where you live, dates may not be available next week as your local test centre could be all booked up so I would first check if there is a later date available now.
From the graph, 25 correct = 850
Reply 8

Hey thanks for the link :smile: But how do I estimate my score for the questions in which I got only a partial mark? Like, if I got 25 questions correct and 3 partially correct, how will i know
Reply 9
Hey thanks for the scoring guide :smile: But how will I estimate my DM scores for the questions with partial marking? If i get, say, 25 correct and 3 incorrect, how do I interpret my score from the guide?

Original post by ferrus_manus
From the graph, 25 correct = 850

Hey sorry, I meant 25 correct and 3 partially correct, so I wont know for sure? How do I take partial points into account?
You can interpret them as half marks if it gives you peace of mind
Reply 11
Original post by ferrus_manus
You can interpret them as half marks if it gives you peace of mind

But how do I interpret them as half marks if the drag and drop question is worth twice a normal question? On the official ucat website, it says the normal ones are worth one mark and the drag and drop are worth 2. So using this, how do i interpret partial marks? It doesnt make sense to take partial marks as 0.5 (as full marks would mean 0.5*2=1, which is the marks awarded for a normal question) I'm super confused lolol please help
Reply 12
Original post by palestine1234
guys depending on where you live, dates may not be available next week as your local test centre could be all booked up so I would first check if there is a later date available now.

Thanks for the heads up, i'm postponing my test by a week and hope to fit in some rigorous practice just to increase my confidence lol, and some test centers do have availabilities here in dubai :smile:
Yeah, you got it partially correct, so you got half the maximum allocated marks, which is one out of two.
Reply 14
Original post by palestine1234

True.. i just tried to postpone mine just now and i dont seem to find any available date . I think i would just try all my possible best to practice before thursday and hopefully get my desired score on the day of the test

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending