The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lemur14
Indeed, the 21st is correct :yep: It shouldn't take me more than 10 minutes or so (threads should be pre-made in a private area), and all threads are being unstickied today ready for GCSE results day regardless so if we leave it any longer we tend to lose the people :yep: Last year I tried leaving it an extra week and it didn't work very well, we ended up with lots of duplicate threads and stuff :lol:
If anyone wants to volunteer to make next year's thread, I'm very happy to have a volunteer who will be in year 10, if you let me know I can let you know where you should make it so it's all ready for Friday :yep:

Ill volunteer! What can I do to help?
Original post by ApplePi55

You can start planning your new year 10 thread on Microsoft word and then post it on the 21st August :smile:
Original post by Lemur14
Indeed, the 21st is correct :yep: It shouldn't take me more than 10 minutes or so (threads should be pre-made in a private area), and all threads are being unstickied today ready for GCSE results day regardless so if we leave it any longer we tend to lose the people :yep: Last year I tried leaving it an extra week and it didn't work very well, we ended up with lots of duplicate threads and stuff :lol:
If anyone wants to volunteer to make next year's thread, I'm very happy to have a volunteer who will be in year 10, if you let me know I can let you know where you should make it so it's all ready for Friday :yep:

I'll be up for making a new year 9 thread :smile:

If you could create a draft in this forum: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1223 (the forum is likely to be empty for you, but you'll be able to see your own post), in time for Friday, that would be super :h: Then I can just have a quick check over it and will publish it with the others :yep:

Thank you for volunteering!

Original post by Starlight15
I'll be up for making a new year 9 thread :smile:

I have a potential year 8 going into year 9 who did say a few weeks ago they'd like to, so I'll follow up with that and get back to you if that's alright?
Original post by Lemur14
I have a potential year 8 going into year 9 who did say a few weeks ago they'd like to, so I'll follow up with that and get back to you if that's alright?

No it's okay :smile: They can do the year 9 thread, it will be good for a year 8 student to get the opportunity to make a year 9 thread
(edited 3 years ago)
No it's okay :smile: They can do the year 9 thread, it will be good for a year 8 student to get the opportunity to make a year 9 thread

I was more meaning I need to check they still want to, and if they don't then you could do it if that would be alright?
Original post by Lemur14
I was more meaning I need to check they still want to, and if they don't then you could do it if that would be alright?

Yep I dont mind :smile:
Original post by Lemur14
If you could create a draft in this forum: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1223 (the forum is likely to be empty for you, but you'll be able to see your own post), in time for Friday, that would be super :h: Then I can just have a quick check over it and will publish it with the others :yep:

Thank you for volunteering!

I can’t seem to access the forum?
I can’t seem to access the forum?

Will it let you start a thread in there? You shouldn't be able to see any other threads in there, it's a forum you can only see threads you've started in :yep:
Original post by Lemur14
Will it let you start a thread in there? You shouldn't be able to see any other threads in there, it's a forum you can only see threads you've started in :yep:

It says

looks like you are having trouble viewing this page, this is most likely because the content has been removed from the site.
It could also be that you don’t have access to this area of the site or are trying to edit someone else’s post- if in doubt contact us in Ask the Community Team.

Thanks for using TSR,
The Community Team

I can’t find a button or something to start a new thread??
It says

looks like you are having trouble viewing this page, this is most likely because the content has been removed from the site.
It could also be that you don’t have access to this area of the site or are trying to edit someone else’s post- if in doubt contact us in Ask the Community Team.

Thanks for using TSR,
The Community Team

I can’t find a button or something to start a new thread??

How odd, that's not what should be happening...I'll drop you a PM :smile:
@Lemur14 Have the person replied yet? If not, I've already made mines as a back up
@Lemur14 Have the person replied yet? If not, I've already made mines as a back up

Amazing :love: They haven't, so shall use yours tomorrow :smile:
Is the Year 10 thread coming out tomorrow? 21/08/2020?
Original post by b1nary
Is the Year 10 thread coming out tomorrow? 21/08/2020?

Yes :h:
Yes :h:

lovely! thank you!!
could someone please tag me when it comes out? thank youuu
Original post by b1nary
could someone please tag me when it comes out? thank youuu

We'll tag everyone who's posted in this year's thread in next year's one, don't worry :smile:
They'll go up this evening :yep:
Hey guys,

I've seen a few people on here comment that they're worried about starting Year 10. As somebody who is currently going into Year 11, my main piece of advice is not to put pressure on yourselves. I went into Year 10 with the wrong mindset because I had mocks for a subject (it was a weird experience and rather a long story), so I stressed myself out and revised to the point where I eventually burnt myself out.

As a Year 10 , especially after Covid and lockdown, you do not want to burn yourselves out. I was still at such a young stage of my GCSE journey, and because I was so tired of revising I started to worry and convince myself that I would fail. Luckily I didn't, but my first set of mocks taught me that my performance can be affected by how I am feeling. Now I am a lot more sensible and I have finally learnt my lesson. I will admit, these mocks were under some bizarre circumstances and their results decided whether I studied a certain subject or not, but I still wish I had acted in a more calm and posed manner.

Enjoy yourselves, be with your friends, do not panic and fill your days with laughter. Because this is your youth, your life and you do not want to look upon it with sadness. Fill it with memories, because like @Nevi mentioned in a previous post the importance of GCSEs is often overexaggerated. The value of loving a subject and forming stable friendships is so much more useful in life. I'm not saying don't revise and don't aim for the highest grades you possibly can, I'm saying don't revolve your life around defining yourself through GCSEs.

Good luck!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Lemur14
We'll tag everyone who's posted in this year's thread in next year's one, don't worry :smile:
They'll go up this evening :yep:

Awesome! Thank you :thumbsup:

Latest