The Student Room Group

Personal Statement for Natural Sciences

I am going into yr13, and am in the process of writing my personal statement. I am applying to 4 courses for just Physics, however my first choice is natural sciences at Cambridge. My personal statement so far has been almost entirely focused on physics - is this alright for the natural sciences course, or shall I amend it?
Thanks,
Jack
You have the SAQ to talk about natsci stuff for Cambridge, so I would say it's just fine to focus your personal statement on mostly physics.
Original post by nells45581
You have the SAQ to talk about natsci stuff for Cambridge, so I would say it's just fine to focus your personal statement on mostly physics.

Ok. thank you very much - any suggestions on how wide my reading should be for the other subjects, because right now I have read very little about mat. science and chemistry
definitely fine, Cambridge are aware many applicants are applying for straight physics etc at other unis and it isn't a disadvantage. probably worth using the SAQ to explain why the natsci course would suit you but it can be as simple as p much just 'interested to learn about a new discipline like materials as well' - this is where you could include extra reading for materials/chemistry if you did any but it isn't compulsory. for your personal statement it's best to follow your actual interests and include reading that genuinely made you want to study physics at uni

for reference I applied to Cambridge natsci and a mix of natsci and physics with philosophy at my other unis - I didn't do any significant reading for subjects other than physics (plus one book on evolutionary ethics wildly) and I got into Cambridge

worth noting that the personal statement is one of the least important parts of a Cambridge natsci application, the NSAA, interview and your reference matter much more
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending