The Student Room Group

NatSci at Cambridge

Hi I'm a year 13 student and currently I'm in the process of applying to study natsci at Cambridge and physics at other universities. I've written my personal statement mainly about physics specifically; is that a problem if I'm applying for natsci at Cambridge? I'm wondering if I need to mention a wider variety of sciences or if it's better to keep a focus on physics since that's what I'm most passionate about.
That should be fine for your personal statement, because remember that you have the SAQ for Cambridge where you can talk about more things relevant to other sciences (if you want to) specifically for natural sciences, without having to use that space in your personal statement.
Original post by einsteinfiles
Hi I'm a year 13 student and currently I'm in the process of applying to study natsci at Cambridge and physics at other universities. I've written my personal statement mainly about physics specifically; is that a problem if I'm applying for natsci at Cambridge? I'm wondering if I need to mention a wider variety of sciences or if it's better to keep a focus on physics since that's what I'm most passionate about.

Cambridge are used to having applicants applying to single subject science degrees elsewhere. Also fundamentally from Part IB onwards if you're focusing on physics you are basically doing the same thing as a single honours physics student anyway.

As noted above, the SAQ also has an optional additional statement section where you can write a short additional personal statement specific to the course at Cambridge if you feel there is more you want to say about the Cambridge course that isn't suitable for your general PS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending