The Student Room Group

likelihood of getting into Cambridge?

hi, i'm applying for Natural Sciences at Cambridge for 2024 entry

predicted grades: A*A*A* in maths, bio, chem
gcses: 9999999999
personal statement: included wex, essay comps, lectures, residential, books, MOOCs
NSAA: just did today so i dont have my results but expecting 3-4 on maths, and 7+ for both the other biology sections

stressing about my nsaa score!!
Reply 1
Impossible to say, too dependent on your interview at this point (assuming the maths doesn’t cause a rejection).
Reply 2
Original post by apricotviolet

personal statement: included wex, essay comps, lectures, residential, books, MOOCs
NSAA: just did today so i dont have my results but expecting 3-4 on maths, and 7+ for both the other biology sections

Wow you have excellent results. I’m in year 12 and also doing bio and chem. Do you have any tips? Thank you so much :smile:
Reply 3

Why on earth are you stressing. With those stats I’d be extremely surprised if you do not get invited to interview.
Reply 4

what is a "wex"?(the personal statement part)
Original post by xuerenlyu
what is a "wex"?(the personal statement part)

Work experience I'm presuming.
Reply 6
Original post by jul07
Wow you have excellent results. I’m in year 12 and also doing bio and chem. Do you have any tips? Thank you so much :smile:

I used Anki for bio and chem , was a lifesaver in terms of remembering content
if they don't help you, don't waste time making notes
just try to stay on top of your work as much as you can!

also obviously all the usual stuff like exam practice
Probably a pretty good chance, I got into Oxford (though for law not natural sciences) with the same GCSE grades as you and predicted grades A*AA, and the only extra curriculars on my personal statement were things like books I'd read and an Open University online course I'd done
Reply 8
Yeah I mean you've got epic grades and such, I'd be really surprised if you didn't at least get an interview.
The major thing with Oxbridge are those interviews because (for Cambridge at least) they don't have a set number of students, they just take those who they think are really passionate about the subject.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending