The Student Room Group

Language or science a level

I have put spanish french biology and physics for alevel, I want to study biological sciences or natural sciences in uni and work with the environment. Many unis seem to require maths or chemistry along with the other science so I don’t know if I NEED to change one of my languages for that but I’m scared it will be so difficult and boring plus I really like languages and want to be able to speak them and travel :frown:(
Do what you want to do.
A-Level Chemistry is really hard (talking from experience), but I don't regret doing it because I wanted to do Biochem (and I will be in 3 weeks lol)
If you want to study biological science/biology, check out UCAS for courses that only require an A-Level in Biology. Biophysics is also an option.

Languages are TOUGH (did 2 weeks of A-Level French and quit, partly because I had to go to another school for it and had social anxiety), but if you enjoy them go for it! However, if you're doing two languages and two sciences you're going to need to be super focused because they are all tough.

My advice is don't pick A-Levels for the sake of getting onto a degree course unless you like the subject.
Original post by Charlyleeds
I have put spanish french biology and physics for alevel, I want to study biological sciences or natural sciences in uni and work with the environment. Many unis seem to require maths or chemistry along with the other science so I don’t know if I NEED to change one of my languages for that but I’m scared it will be so difficult and boring plus I really like languages and want to be able to speak them and travel :frown:(

Do what you want to do.
A-Level Chemistry is really hard (talking from experience), but I don't regret doing it because I wanted to do Biochem (and I will be in 3 weeks lol)
If you want to study biological science/biology, check out UCAS for courses that only require an A-Level in Biology. Biophysics is also an option.

Languages are TOUGH (did 2 weeks of A-Level French and quit, partly because I had to go to another school for it and had social anxiety), but if you enjoy them go for it! However, if you're doing two languages and two sciences you're going to need to be super focused because they are all tough.

My advice is don't pick A-Levels for the sake of getting onto a degree course unless you like the subject.

Quick Reply

Latest