The Student Room Group

A level Physics or Religious Studies for A level for Medicine

Hi - advice /thoughts please: Ive just got my GCSEs and am taking Chemistry, Biology and Maths for A level. However I can’t decide on fourth : whether to do Physics or Religious Studies (RS). I got A* in all maths and sciences (WJEC) and a grade 9 in RS (AQA). I prefer RS for ethics and philosophy and thought it would be useful in interview etc but not sure if physics preferred subject or if it keeps more options open?
Also, I’m not sure whether to drop physics/RS at end of AS and do an EPQ or keep 4th A level through AS. Think UCAS points are same overall but not sure what might be better choice?
Sorry long questions but appreciate any thoughts as due to start A levels next week. Thanks
Original post by james413
Hi - advice /thoughts please: Ive just got my GCSEs and am taking Chemistry, Biology and Maths for A level. However I can’t decide on fourth : whether to do Physics or Religious Studies (RS). I got A* in all maths and sciences (WJEC) and a grade 9 in RS (AQA). I prefer RS for ethics and philosophy and thought it would be useful in interview etc but not sure if physics preferred subject or if it keeps more options open?
Also, I’m not sure whether to drop physics/RS at end of AS and do an EPQ or keep 4th A level through AS. Think UCAS points are same overall but not sure what might be better choice?
Sorry long questions but appreciate any thoughts as due to start A levels next week. Thanks

Should’ve added I’m thinking of medicine but may choose chemistry degree as that’s my strongest / preferred subject.
Reply 2
Don't do a fourth, it's useless and will take time away from studying for the other 3. Universities literally ignore the 4th A level so I don't understand why people waste time doing it.

Regarding EPQ, don't do it.. Also waste of time lool. All/most unis mention on their requirements, *not including General students or EPQ*.

Don't even get me started on the clowns on TSR who ask if they should do 5,😂😂😂
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest