The Student Room Group

Media studies gcse coursework-HELP

Hi I have a coursework to complete for media by the end of december and it's about a body spray ad but you're meant to talk about the person's characterstic aswell... any tips and ideas on how to set it up as in what type of storyline to use?
Original post by Lemonlime303
Hi I have a coursework to complete for media by the end of december and it's about a body spray ad but you're meant to talk about the person's characterstic aswell... any tips and ideas on how to set it up as in what type of storyline to use?

Hey there, I've done Media Studies GCSEs, and now I'm doing it for A level. This task sounds kind of weird to me? What do you mean describe the model's characteristics? As in like, what they would be like in person, or how they're represented? Could you show me how this advert looks too?
Just got a nine in media studies, but as above said, can you explain the task a bit more?
Original post by guenk003
Hey there, I've done Media Studies GCSEs, and now I'm doing it for A level. This task sounds kind of weird to me? What do you mean describe the model's characteristics? As in like, what they would be like in person, or how they're represented? Could you show me how this advert looks too?

Hey! Thanks for noticing this & I'm sorry my wording was poor but here's what the task of creating the body advert is : '' Brief Five
Brief Minimum requirements
Create one television advert for a body spray.
The moving image advert should convey
aspirations and a successful lifestyle, which is
then attached by implication to the product.
The advert must be between 60 and 80 seconds
in length.
The advert should be aimed at teenagers, who
are 14 to 18 years of age.
This advert should not focus on the qualities of
the product. It should focus on the type of
people the potential consumers aspire to be.

A narrative situation represented in the advert,
featuring at least two characters.
Visual reference to the product, eg a pack shot
(this could be an existing body spray product).
Appropriate choice of slogan and call to action.
At least two filming locations.
Variety of shot selection, framing of the image
and camera movement.
Diegetic sound (which could include but is not
restricted to dialogue, foley sound and
ambience/atmosphere).
Non-diegetic sound (which must include but is
not restricted to music and voiceover).
Use of narrative codes and media language to
create desire and persuade the audience.
Editing of the footage, soundtrack and dialogue
to establish meaning. ''
Original post by aliferra
Just got a nine in media studies, but as above said, can you explain the task a bit more?

I'm sorry my wording was poor but heres how to create the body spray task coursework '' Brief Five
Brief Minimum requirements
Create one television advert for a body spray.
The moving image advert should convey
aspirations and a successful lifestyle, which is
then attached by implication to the product.
The advert must be between 60 and 80 seconds
in length.
The advert should be aimed at teenagers, who
are 14 to 18 years of age.
This advert should not focus on the qualities of
the product. It should focus on the type of
people the potential consumers aspire to be.

A narrative situation represented in the advert,
featuring at least two characters.
Visual reference to the product, eg a pack shot
(this could be an existing body spray product).
Appropriate choice of slogan and call to action.
At least two filming locations.
Variety of shot selection, framing of the image
and camera movement.
Diegetic sound (which could include but is not
restricted to dialogue, foley sound and
ambience/atmosphere).
Non-diegetic sound (which must include but is
not restricted to music and voiceover).
Use of narrative codes and media language to
create desire and persuade the audience.
Editing of the footage, soundtrack and dialogue
to establish meaning. ''
Ah okay I get it. You need to demonstrate that the body spray means you will be successful, confident, and make someone look aspirational. If you want to follow convention, I would have a model, or someone pretty you know, male or female, and have them walking in a bliss environment, have them talking about the product, how it makes them feel, that sort of thing. Finish with a shot of the bottle of body spray, with a blurred background that focuses on the bottle of body spray.

Alternatively, go down the line of a lynx type commercial. They have recently made their new Lynx ice chill commercials and they are very popular.
Ah okay I get it. You need to demonstrate that the body spray means you will be successful, confident, and make someone look aspirational. If you want to follow convention, I would have a model, or someone pretty you know, male or female, and have them walking in a bliss environment, have them talking about the product, how it makes them feel, that sort of thing. Finish with a scouhot of the bottle of body spray, with a blurred background that focuses on the bottle of body spray.

Alternatively, go down the line of a lynx type commercial. They have recently made their new Lynx ice chill commercials and they are very popular.

could u suggest a few locations and like a really good storyline?
Original post by Lemonlime303
could u suggest a few locations and like a really good storyline?

A gym, a bright room? Brightness normally connotes a sense of confidence and purity which are definitely points to you want to communicate when advertising a body spray.
A gym, a bright room? Brightness normally connotes a sense of confidence and purity which are definitely points to you want to communicate when advertising a body spray.

aww thanks for your advices :smile: i really appreicate it and yeah i'll try out the school gym or outside
No problem 😊

Quick Reply

Latest