The Student Room Group
Original post by raechelle
Hello! Quick question...
I've been working on Fresh for 3 years and it'll be my first xmas temp on ambient..
Obviously with fresh we're super careful with date rotation: is this the same for ambient?? Or does date order not matter so much?

I was told it doesn't matter anywhere near as much. I still do it anyway just for the sake of keeping good habits but I'm sure it's nothing to worry about
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
I was told it doesn't matter anywhere near as much. I still do it anyway just for the sake of keeping good habits but I'm sure it's nothing to worry about

What kind of things do you do in Ambient?
For males working on ambient, do we have to wear a tie? I don't mind if we do I just need to know so I can brush up on doing up a tie.

:s-smilie:
Original post by EricAteYou
For males working on ambient, do we have to wear a tie? I don't mind if we do I just need to know so I can brush up on doing up a tie.

:s-smilie:

They're usually clip on ties.
Original post by navarre
They're usually clip on ties.

Oh Waitrose. How I love thee.
I'm working on ambient and I'm going in for my third shirt ( I do two a week ). What do I do / who do I find before or at the start of my shift?

I confused to know what I should be doing...
Original post by EricAteYou
I'm working on ambient and I'm going in for my third shirt ( I do two a week ). What do I do / who do I find before or at the start of my shift?

I confused to know what I should be doing...

Speak to your Section Manager?
Just a heads up: Christmas Aprons are to be worn (instead of your grey one) from Wednesday this week. (2nd Dec)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9888
I got my pay slip while I was on my Thursday shift and I was wondering if anyone can tell me what 'Holiday Pay Supplement' is?
Reply 9889
So I got a call back today about going in for a 2nd interview later this week with the section manager I'd be working under.

Anyone advise how these typically go and how long it takes to hear back afterwards?
No idea about how a second interview is going to go but good luck. They should get back to you within two weeks.

Does anyone know when Waitrose are going to stop paying time and a half on Sundays?
Original post by Uhhh
I got my pay slip while I was on my Thursday shift and I was wondering if anyone can tell me what 'Holiday Pay Supplement' is?

The money you would have earned from the overtime you've been doing while you were on holiday.
Original post by italianbolt
No idea about how a second interview is going to go but good luck. They should get back to you within two weeks.

Does anyone know when Waitrose are going to stop paying time and a half on Sundays?

Waitrose no longer pays time and a half for new starters
Original post by WaitroseGod

since when? my stores pays it i think?
Original post by WaitroseGod

...when did this kick in?
I believe it's Feb next yr they stop paying new starters 1.5x for Sundays. I started in Oct and get paid 1.5x for Sundays
Any idea if it's possible to get a transfer from a john lewis at home store to a waitrose in a different city once I start university? And when would I have to organise the transfer... I can't accept a job before I start uni as I wont know my timetable
Hey everyone,

This thread is nearly at 10k posts which means we'll need to close it - would anyone like to volunteer to make a Waitrose Thread II here?
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Hey everyone,

This thread is nearly at 10k posts which means we'll need to close it - would anyone like to volunteer to make a Waitrose Thread II here?

I got this.
Original post by ilovecake123
since when? my stores pays it i think?

Apologies, It is actually when Christmas temp contracts expire at the end of January that this kicks in...

Latest

Trending

Trending