The Student Room Group

EPQ ideas

I want to be a dermatologist any ideas for a relevant epq?
Truth be told... I don't even know what one of those are...
Original post by Lottie_28
I want to be a dermatologist any ideas for a relevant epq?

Maybe you could look at a particular condition and to what extent treatment has developed and patient outcomes have changed. You could also do something along the lines of looking into the efficacy of a particular treatment/ procedure.
My advice would be look around at issues or developments and pick a question around them
Reply 3
I know a lot of sixth forms say that if you want a health care related career or degree do a dissertation.
I say have fun with it!make it related to what you want to do but this is your one chance to be creative and think outside the box.

I love people work, including working with kids. I love science. I studied Medical Physiology as my undergrad. And for My EPQ I did a science of sweets event at my local primary school!
I enjoyed it so much.. And the primary research was ace (taste testing sweets, yes please!)
Skills gained inckided
- translating complex info to something suitable for kids,
- public speaking
- people work
- devising experiments
- research, testing and developing
- presenting
- teaching

I know I'm not really answering the question buuuuttt I guess what I want to get across is you don't need to follow the crowd this one time in your life.
Also ultimately Ive personally never used my EP (got an A) post uni application so it's pretty chill. Though I have some friends who do still use it.

Anyway that's my input make what you will!

Maybe something around the sun and skin health? That's pretty topical

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending