The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Application to LSE

Hi. My name is Sean and I am a college student from Malaysia. I have a rather vague question here that i hope the LSE admission staff or alumni or anyone could help answer.
Basically, LSE is one of my dream choice of unis to go to and i know the competition there is tough. I'm currently taking A-levels with 4 subject, Further Maths, Maths, Econs and Physics. I am due to sit for AS this coming Oct/Nov and my A2 next May/June

To cut a long story short, i sat for my trials exam a month ago and the results were not pretty. Well, I did get 3 A* for my Maths, Econs and Physics, I missed out on my Further Maths by getting a B.

My question here therefore is, is it still worth applying for LSE? Knowing that i messed up my predicted further maths grade?

For my course, Maths Stats and Business, they did say Maths is essential and Further Maths is highly desirable. And the requirements are getting AAA or A*AA with the A* in Maths. So with me getting a B for my predicted grade is there still any hope or chance of getting an offer? Like maybe an offer that i can fulfilled with my ACTUAL results? coz im rather confident it was just a one time screw up during the actuals i can actually score well.

The requirements can be seen here:
http://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Undergraduate/Degree-programmes-2020/BSc-Mathematics-Statistics-and-Business

Notable information:
I scoed 9 A* in my IGCSEs.
I am due to sit for MAT this Oct ( im applying to oxford too but i think lse could take this into factor as well when making an offer )
Hopefully my personal statement and teacher reference appeals to whoever that is going to access my admission application.

Thanks for your feedback and help!
Original post by _seannlee_
Hi. My name is Sean and I am a college student from Malaysia. I have a rather vague question here that i hope the LSE admission staff or alumni or anyone could help answer.
Basically, LSE is one of my dream choice of unis to go to and i know the competition there is tough. I'm currently taking A-levels with 4 subject, Further Maths, Maths, Econs and Physics. I am due to sit for AS this coming Oct/Nov and my A2 next May/June

To cut a long story short, i sat for my trials exam a month ago and the results were not pretty. Well, I did get 3 A* for my Maths, Econs and Physics, I missed out on my Further Maths by getting a B.

My question here therefore is, is it still worth applying for LSE? Knowing that i messed up my predicted further maths grade?

For my course, Maths Stats and Business, they did say Maths is essential and Further Maths is highly desirable. And the requirements are getting AAA or A*AA with the A* in Maths. So with me getting a B for my predicted grade is there still any hope or chance of getting an offer? Like maybe an offer that i can fulfilled with my ACTUAL results? coz im rather confident it was just a one time screw up during the actuals i can actually score well.

The requirements can be seen here:
http://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Undergraduate/Degree-programmes-2020/BSc-Mathematics-Statistics-and-Business

Notable information:
I scoed 9 A* in my IGCSEs.
I am due to sit for MAT this Oct ( im applying to oxford too but i think lse could take this into factor as well when making an offer )
Hopefully my personal statement and teacher reference appeals to whoever that is going to access my admission application.

Thanks for your feedback and help!

wow congratulations sean! i envy your grades very much and im rather confused myself as to why i am replying since i will be no help whatsoever. however, in my opinion i think you should still apply for LSE because you havent got that much to lose i assume..ok but i got a question for you, when you were in year 11 did you go out on the weekends and spend time with your friends or were you at home all day?and do you have any major important tips? im currently in year 11 and i just need some guidance because im soo confused and I STILL DONT KNOW WHAT I WANT TO DO YET its crazyy the pressure is immense but good luck to you
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending