The Student Room Group

RAF Bases for interview

Hello, I'm trying to learn about the Uk bases for my interview could anyone direct me which ones are the best to learn if asked?
Reply 1
Original post by BradYoung1010
Hello, I'm trying to learn about the Uk bases for my interview could anyone direct me which ones are the best to learn if asked?

All of them. We've only got about 6 left...

In all seriousness, think about the question and the path the question is likely to take. What is it you've applied for? Where is that role more likely to be based? (Ie, if it's something that relates directly to flying, it'll be a flying station, won't it?). Where will your training for that role take you?
When you're thinking about what the RAF is doing on an international basis currently, like which aircraft have deployed, it helps to know where they're from.

Again, there's only really a few stations around the country, it's not that hard to know the vast majority.
(edited 4 years ago)
I agree with what Drewski said but to add try to learn as many as you can and if you aren't doing a role where there are obvious ones you need to learn - eg. at least learning all the flying stations for pilot - then focus on learning all the main stations such as most of the large important flying stations (Brize, Waddington) and important stations for other reasons (Halton, Cranwell) plus more. Make sure you know all of the overseas ones as there are not that many. Finally, as Drewski alluded to think about the follow-up questions they will ask when doing your research. If you are going for pilot and you name drop Valley they'll expect you to know the aircraft and Sqns in Valley. If you're going for RAF Reg and you say Honington they'll ask what makes Honington important for the RAF Reg.

Quick Reply

Latest