The Student Room Group

Quitting Primark

Hi, i have a quick question about quitting my job at primark. Does anybody know if i have to work my notice period or not? Or do they just tell me to leave there and then?
Thank you!
Original post by tamsie
Hi, i have a quick question about quitting my job at primark. Does anybody know if i have to work my notice period or not? Or do they just tell me to leave there and then?
Thank you!

Hi

I don't work in primark but I do work in a retail environment,
You have two options you can do okay
1) work whatever your notice period is for stated in your contract and at least get paid for it

2) just hand in your notice in writing and tell them you finish as from now and you'll lose your pay and any holidays entitlement for probably this month but you still entitled to any if they are due to you ok.

If you already got another job to start then you will be best to chose the best option that for you ok
Reply 2
Thank you!
I worked for primark nearly a year ago. I quit bc I hated it after a month. I just wrote my notice of leaving on paper, put it in an envelope and handed it in to HR. And then I had to work another week and then was finished
Reply 4
Awesome thank you, what did they say when you handed it in? Did you have an exit interview?
Original post by tamsie
Awesome thank you, what did they say when you handed it in? Did you have an exit interview?

They didn’t say much, just that it’s a shame I was leaving etc. Yup I had an exit interview, didn’t take long and it was just questions relating to why I decided to leave and what I liked/disliked and what I think they could improve on :smile:
Reply 6
Ah awesome, thank you for the help! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending