The Student Room Group

Would you say rodents have more of a right to be in our homes than we do?

Poll

Do you think rodents have more of a right to be in our homes than we do?

As nasty as it is to get a rat or mouse invading your home, one of my neighbors reckons rodents still have more of a right to be in our homes than we ourselves actually do. :colonhash:

I personally disagree and asked him if the rodents would be willing to pay my rent for me if they enter my flat, if so, they are more than welcome to stay! :lol:

Scroll to see replies

Of course :yes:
Reply 2
no. if they aren't invited in and aren't paying to be there i don't see how they have more RIGHT than the people who live there

your neighbour is most likely losing - or have already lost - the plot
Reply 3
Original post by CoolCavy
Of course :yes:

OK then, on that basis, if you discovered a mouse hiding under your bed or inside your bedroom furniture, would you be scared or consider it to be cute? :giggle:
No. Not only are they jobless but they are just completely useless. What good do they do? THEY DO NOTHING USEFUL. All they do is invite more of their family members and chill in the house like they deserve to be relaxing. They make people sick with their tiny chocolate looking poos(i’m talking about rats) and they just
make people SCARED. I currently have a mouse in my house and i’m so scared! it’s a tiny one but i don’t want it to crawl up my butthole
Original post by IH8Studying
No. Not only are they jobless but they are just completely useless. What good do they do? THEY DO NOTHING USEFUL. All they do is invite more of their family members and chill in the house like they deserve to be relaxing. They make people sick with their tiny chocolate looking poos(i’m talking about rats) and they just
make people SCARED. I currently have a mouse in my house and i’m so scared! it’s a tiny one but i don’t want it to crawl up my butthole

I hope you’re not talking about one of your siblings this time 🙃🙃🙃
Original post by OR321
I hope you’re not talking about one of your siblings this time 🙃🙃🙃

No. I have One dog, one pig and one hyena.
Reply 7
Original post by Allie4
no. if they aren't invited in and aren't paying to be there i don't see how they have more RIGHT than the people who live there

your neighbour is most likely losing - or have already lost - the plot

Well, he is that kind of guy who is single and has his own pet cat. :tongue:
They don't care if humans think that they have a right to be there or not. They will go wherever they have the best chance of surviving, reproducing and to build a nest. They don't even have the capacity to think, so your question is stupid.
Reply 9
Original post by RedGiant
They don't care if humans think that they have a right to be there or not. They will go wherever they have the best chance of surviving, reproducing and to build a nest. They don't even have the capacity to think, so your question is stupid.

They must have even just a very limited capacity to think when they show signs of fear by running away when they notice a human or a cat nearby.
Probably not any 'more' of a right but whether they have a right to be there I suppose that depends on your feelings on the idea of property
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Issue
They must have even just a very limited capacity to think when they show signs of fear by running away when they notice a human or a cat nearby.

They can't "think" in a way that is comparable to that of humans, so it's ridiculous to talk about if they have the right to be somewhere.
They can't "think" in a way that is comparable to that of humans, so it's ridiculous to talk about if they have the right to be somewhere.

Would my inability to understand my rights due to disability then mean I am not entitled to those rights?
Original post by Athematica
Would my inability to understand my rights due to disability then mean I am not entitled to those rights?

It's pointless comparing human rights with alleged "rights" of rodents.
It's pointless comparing human rights with alleged "rights" of rodents.

Why is that?
Reply 15
Original post by Issue
Well, he is that kind of guy who is single and has his own pet cat. :tongue:

well there you go then...
Original post by Issue
OK then, on that basis, if you discovered a mouse hiding under your bed or inside your bedroom furniture, would you be scared or consider it to be cute? :giggle:

I find all rodents cute :yes:
I would however be worried about it transfering disease to my hamster, rats can't be in the proximity of guinea pigs as they carry a lung parasite which is harmless to them but fatal for guineas
Look at all these rodents coming to our great country and stealing our houses! #BrexitMeansBrexit
Original post by IH8Studying

You mean you wouldn't want a rodent poo beanie? :beard:

Original post by Athematica
Why is that?

Quick Reply

Latest