The Student Room Group

I'm stuck and idk what to do

My Girlfriend and I have been dating for around 4 months now. I met her at the sixth form I'm currently going to. We both have strict parents and only our friends know about our relationship which means we didn't get to spend as much time together, the only time we spent together was during and straight after school, but recently she told me that she would like to spend more time with her friends by walking home with them, etc... I always make sure I wait for her to meet her after school, I don't know if I'm being clingy or acting desperate.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
My Girlfriend and I have been dating for around 4 months now. I met her at the sixth form I'm currently going to. We both have strict parents and only our friends know about our relationship which means we didn't get to spend as much time together, the only time we spent together was during and straight after school, but recently she told me that she would like to spend more time with her friends by walking home with them, etc... I always make sure I wait for her to meet her after school, I don't know if I'm being clingy or acting desperate.

i have some friends in a similar situation - it’s really tough. can she spend time with friends outside of school, or is that similarly restricted? you’re better telling her if you’re upset. i don’t think you’re being clingy, but she might. you’re better talking about it with her. hope you sort it out :smile:
Reply 2
Hi, thanks for getting back, We both have strict parents, she has more strict parents than mine, So it's difficult for me to make time to meet her and most of the time when I ask her she is "too busy revising", she does 5 a-levels so I'm not sure if she is genuinely revising or just trying to avoid me and distance herself
Reply 3
Only 4 months into a relationship and you think your girlfriend is lying to you???
Reply 4
Original post by Surnia
Only 4 months into a relationship and you think your girlfriend is lying to you???

not lying. but definitely trying to distance away
Reply 5
Hi, thanks for getting back, We both have strict parents, she has more strict parents than mine, So it's difficult for me to make time to meet her and most of the time when I ask her she is "too busy revising", she does 5 a-levels so I'm not sure if she is genuinely revising or just trying to avoid me and distance herself

ngl 5 a-levels would demolish me, id trust her on that. id honestly say try to talking to her.
Reply 6
Original post by lncc
ngl 5 a-levels would demolish me, id trust her on that. id honestly say try to talking to her.

I'm not really sure on how I'm supposed to phrase it, because I don't want it to come off as simpy or commanding
Reply 7
I'm not really sure on how I'm supposed to phrase it, because I don't want it to come off as simpy or commanding

that’s tough, i get it. i’d bring it up in person, rather than on text, cause meaning can get lost easy. just say you wanna spend more time with her without taking time away from her pals or her revision. as long as you focus on being empathetic to how busy she is, not telling her what to do, she’ll probably understand. most of it lies in tone of voice, stuff like that. try not to sound accusatory, and you’ll be fine.

also, female friendships can be really demanding, especially if you’re in a relationship, getting the balance right is difficult. while you feel like she’s ignoring you, her friends probably feel the same, especially if she struggles to see them outside school too. sounds more like a tough situation than her not wanting to spend time with you, you just need to find a solution :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by lncc
that’s tough, i get it. i’d bring it up in person, rather than on text, cause meaning can get lost easy. just say you wanna spend more time with her without taking time away from her pals or her revision. as long as you focus on being empathetic to how busy she is, not telling her what to do, she’ll probably understand. most of it lies in tone of voice, stuff like that. try not to sound accusatory, and you’ll be fine.

also, female friendships can be really demanding, especially if you’re in a relationship, getting the balance right is difficult. while you feel like she’s ignoring you, her friends probably feel the same, especially if she struggles to see them outside school too. sounds more like a tough situation than her not wanting to spend time with you, you just need to find a solution :smile:

I've been thinking the same thing, and spoken to a lot of people about but I can't really find any solutions if I'm being totally honest

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending