The Student Room Group

do you think we should do homework in detention instead of punishment essays ?

last night i had an after school detention it lasted 1 hour 30 mins, but this did not allow for 5 mins to get to the detention room then the teacher took the register and gave us our work to do, only then did the 1 hour 30 mins begin, i got out of school 1 hour 45 mins late, i thought we could do homework in detention but we all had to write an essay on why we were being punished, my essay was on the importance of behaving properly in class, when i got home i had then to do homework so i had no freetime last night, my mum says thats the point of the punishment opinions please ?
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Your mum is exactly right, it’s not homework club. The idea is to get you to do more work so you don’t want to go to detention again, allowing you to do your homework that needs to be done anyway is in no way a punishment…
Original post by ALEreapp
Your mum is exactly right, it’s not homework club. The idea is to get you to do more work so you don’t want to go to detention again, allowing you to do your homework that needs to be done anyway is in no way a punishment…

surly the fact that we were kept in school for nearly 1hour 45 minutes is punishment enough ?
Original post by imogen1234567890
surly the fact that we were kept in school for nearly 1hour 45 minutes is punishment enough ?

Why’s that? I used to stay in school 2+ hrs sometimes to get homework done if I knew my family were at home just because I can’t focus with the noise and get so easily distracted
Why’s that? I used to stay in school 2+ hrs sometimes to get homework done if I knew my family were at home just because I can’t focus with the noise and get so easily distracted

my friends all went bowling after school, imagine how i felt knowing i couldnt go because i was stuck at a poxy desk writing boring essays ?
last night i had an after school detention it lasted 1 hour 30 mins, but this did not allow for 5 mins to get to the detention room then the teacher took the register and gave us our work to do, only then did the 1 hour 30 mins begin, i got out of school 1 hour 45 mins late, i thought we could do homework in detention but we all had to write an essay on why we were being punished, my essay was on the importance of behaving properly in class, when i got home i had then to do homework so i had no freetime last night, my mum says thats the point of the punishment opinions please ?

More importantly, why are you getting into so much trouble recently?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7313097

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7312986
I think you're a troll with a fetish for detentions.
my friends all went bowling after school, imagine how i felt knowing i couldnt go because i was stuck at a poxy desk writing boring essays ?

Sounds like you shouldn’t have been a shitbag in class then 🤷🏼*♀️
I can’t imagine how you felt because I have no sympathy, I suspect your school doesn’t just dish out after schools on the first mishap so you are obviously a repeat offender.
Sounds like you shouldn’t have been a shitbag in class then 🤷🏼*♀️
I can’t imagine how you felt because I have no sympathy, I suspect your school doesn’t just dish out after schools on the first mishap so you are obviously a repeat offender.

detention is horrible we are not allowed to sit next to each other, we have to sit at our desks in TOTAL silence and write boring essays, if we speak one word in detention we automatically get a 4 hour saturday detention, detention STINKS ?
detention is horrible we are not allowed to sit next to each other, we have to sit at our desks in TOTAL silence and write boring essays, if we speak one word in detention we automatically get a 4 hour saturday detention, detention STINKS ?

It’s almost like… hear me out for a minute… it’s working as a punishment and you can avoid it by not misbehaving😏
Dammit, troll syndrome’s infected another one.
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
I think you're a troll with a fetish for detentions.

Repped :lol:
Reply 12

Your Mum is right. What did you expect? A piece of cake and a cup of tea??
Detention is given to encourage you to think about your behaviour, not just to change the location where homework is completed. Let’s be honest, if you’d done your homework at school you’d have finished it a lot quicker than if you’d done it at home where you probably waste hours on your telephone etc where is the punishment in that?
You are not supposed to like detentions, and the fact that you find the way they are carried out unfair, says a lot about how entitled you think you are.
Start behaving normally, with a bit of respect for those around you and your life, as well as the lives of those that have no choice but to spend their days in your company, will become much more pleasant.
(edited 1 year ago)
It’s almost like… hear me out for a minute… it’s working as a punishment and you can avoid it by not misbehaving😏

why cant detention be for just half an hour then it wouldnt be so bad ?
Reply 14

TROLL! 🧌
Original post by Euapp
Your Mum is right. What did you expect? A piece of cake and a cup of tea??
Detention is given to encourage you to think about your behaviour, not just to change the location where homework is completed. Let’s be honest, if you’d done your homework at school you’d have finished it a lot quicker than if you’d done it at home where you probably waste hours on your telephone etc where is the punishment in that?
You are not supposed to like detentions, and the fact that you find the way they are carried out unfair, says a lot about how entitled you think you are.
Start behaving normally, with a bit of respect for those around you and your life, as well as the lives of those that have no choice but to spend their days in your company, will become much more pleasant.

I think she's having you both on btw, she's made numerous threads about detention and keeps making the same responses to those who agree that it was deserved. She smells really badly of troll.

*yawn* either stop trolling or just stop getting detentions 😙
Reply 17
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
I think she's having you both on btw, she's made numerous threads about detention and keeps making the same responses to those who agree that it was deserved. She smells really badly of troll.

I’d already guessed🤣

The whole point is to make it bad. You did the crime so do the time.
Original post by hannychica
The whole point is to make it bad. You did the crime so do the time.

but 1 hour 30 mins is too long and as i said the clock did not start until we were given our work and the register taken i got out of school 1 45 minutes late i HATE detention ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending