The Student Room Group

Paratrooper Training

Hi,
I’m just looking for some advice or to see if anyone out there is in/ has been in the same situation as me. I’ve been with my boyfriend on and off for nearly 2 years. It hasn’t been an easy ride... we have had our splits ( when I started first year), he’s had a different girlfriend , we were quite toxic and my whole family hate him.
But lord knows how, we ended up back together 4 months ago. My family didn’t take it too well and within a month I was kicked out my family house.
I lived with my partner up until 2 weeks ago when he left to start training for the Parachute Regiment... I only get to speak to him maybe once a day, and even then it’s hardly conversation. I’ve gone from living with him to one conversation.
He’s still really weird about me going out and especially odd with my male friends. But I just feel hopeless.. the training and mindset is already taking a toll on him. I can see a change in him, and I’m unsure if it’s a good one. We argued last night, and it broke my heart because I know how important this training is and the last thing I want to do is stress him out.
I just don’t know what to do, being with him means i don’t have my family.. my parents have openly said they will never approve. With my mum even saying if we were to ever marry, she wouldn’t attend.
I love him with all my heart , but we are just so toxic. We can make each other the happiest but also the saddest and the worst part - the angriest.
Reply 1
To anyone saying there were in a toxic relationship I would say get out and move on with your life as what you have is toxic as opposed to a relationship, which should be based on love, care and mutual respect.

I'm ex-military, so given your situation and where you are currently living, serious question: what do you know about the Armed Forces lifestyle and what have you and your partner discussed about your future if he is successful in becoming a Para? From what you've said, I take it he's passed basic training?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending