Bristol
Visit website

UWE optometry assessment

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by jammypop101
What are your top choices for uni?

I’ve applied for Aston Uni Univeristy of Manchester Cardiff UWE and Bradford

My firm choice if I had the option would be Aston bc it’s really close to me and quite good for optom
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Original post by mjali1

My firm choice if I had the option would be Aston bc it’s really close to me and quite good for optom

Aston’s one of my top choices too lol
Original post by mjali1

Have you done the assessment yet? I didn’t know it existed I’ve only just found out now and im super confused
Original post by arooshamd
Have you done the assessment yet? I didn’t know it existed I’ve only just found out now and im super confused

Hey! I’ve done the assessment and wrote what it was about etc, look at page 1 of this discussion :smile:
Hey! I’ve done the assessment and wrote what it was about etc, look at page 1 of this discussion :smile:

Thank you! Im just worried about the video, do you have to submit the video straight away when you view the assessment?
Thank you! Im just worried about the video, do you have to submit the video straight away when you view the assessment?

No, you do the video first and post it to YouTube and paste the link, then only you can do the timed assessment
Got it, thank you :smile:
hi, thanks for you information so far, i wanted to ask does the instructions for the video appear after we click the assessment link? im just scared if i click the link the timer would start or something😂😂
Reply 28
Original post by marwah1234849494
hi, thanks for you information so far, i wanted to ask does the instructions for the video appear after we click the assessment link? im just scared if i click the link the timer would start or something😂😂

Nope, you can click on the assessment and it will take you to a instructions page and there should be a link to a pdf regarding the video, so you could have a look at that and then start the assessment?

Hope this helps
Original post by iallii
Nope, you can click on the assessment and it will take you to a instructions page and there should be a link to a pdf regarding the video, so you could have a look at that and then start the assessment?

Hope this helps

omg thank you for the quick reply, and it helps so much thank you
omg thank you for the quick reply, and it helps so much thank you

Have you done the assessment? Im lurking on this page tryna find out a lot of questions to help me 😂😂
Reply 31

No I haven’t yet. The UWE website is under maintenance so I can’t for the few days. Hopefully I will do it next week.
Reply 32
No, you do the video first and post it to YouTube and paste the link, then only you can do the timed assessment

What is the timed assessment about? What question do they ask?
Original post by Kay2cruddy
Have you done the assessment? Im lurking on this page tryna find out a lot of questions to help me 😂😂

yea i did it today 😂😂 bcoz it said the website is closing at 4:30 today and the deadline is next week ( i think it said two weeks) so i spent all morning. the video is just saying why u want to do the course and skills and then theres like 4 times qs abt situations
Reply 34
yea i did it today 😂😂 bcoz it said the website is closing at 4:30 today and the deadline is next week ( i think it said two weeks) so i spent all morning. the video is just saying why u want to do the course and skills and then theres like 4 times qs abt situations

Oh hope it went well for you! I’m going to do mine on Sunday now. What were the situational questions like? And did you have to record yourself for those?
yea u just record on ur phone or ipad and then submit it to yt as unlisted and copy the link. and situational questions were abt and multiple choice. asking what skills and what would u do working in an optician they r not hard at all hope that helps! and good luck

Original post by mjali1
Oh hope it went well for you! I’m going to do mine on Sunday now. What were the situational questions like? And did you have to record yourself for those?
Reply 36
yea u just record on ur phone or ipad and then submit it to yt as unlisted and copy the link. and situational questions were abt and multiple choice. asking what skills and what would u do working in an optician they r not hard at all hope that helps! and good luck

Yes that’s really helpful thank you! Do you have to show your face like an actual video or a voice recording. I’m only asking bc if I have to show my face I would want to look smart and not in my pyjamas lol
yes u have to show ur face😂😂 i just got ready from the top part and left my pyjama bottoms on😭😭

Original post by mjali1
Yes that’s really helpful thank you! Do you have to show your face like an actual video or a voice recording. I’m only asking bc if I have to show my face I would want to look smart and not in my pyjamas lol
Do they ask about questions relating to your personal statement? Thank you :smile:
Reply 39
yes u have to show ur face😂😂 i just got ready from the top part and left my pyjama bottoms on😭😭

Hahahah ok I guess I would need to look half decent then lol thanks so much for your help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending