The Student Room Group

UKCAT Test..

I have this test next Monday and had a few questions..

The site isn´t exactly clear about what is in the test considering the amount of time devoted to each section and number of questions - can anyone clarify this? What exactly is in the test and am I right they give you a calculator and a white board to work on?

Also, when do you get your results and how?

Lastly, is your score literally translated to a score out of 900 for each section, so if it was out of 25 and you got 17, it would be 17/25 x 900?

Cheers :smile:
Reply 1
Results are printed out at the end of the exam.
Reply 2
You do 4 sections, each one is out of 900. So you may get a score of 670,600,650,640. You find out the average and that is your UKCAT score. So in that case it would be 640 :biggrin:
Reply 3
Isn't it 5 sections this year?
Reply 4
Danielisew

The site isn´t exactly clear about what is in the test considering the amount of time devoted to each section and number of questions - can anyone clarify this?

Sorry, but can you explain what you don't understand? I've just looked at the UKACT website, and it's very clear about what each section comprises, the length and the number of questions.
Have you done the practice questions? You absolutely must do these, and they should give you a very clear idea of what the sections are about.

A crude summary would be: reading, maths, pictures, codes, personality test.
Reply 5
No, the scoring system does not work like that. It gives you a very approximate average working it out like that, but it's not brilliant. Each question is worth a different amount of marks. Unfortunately, you can't find out how much on t'internet.
Reply 6
Ok thanks guys. Woah, results after the test? I guess that´s a good thing but makes it even more scary.

Lastly, do they definitely give you a calculator and white board with a pen?

Thanks for the help
The marking scheme is a mystery, ooooooooooooooooh
And you get a whiteboard and a pen, and an on-screen calculator which, quite frankly, is a real git to use.
Reply 9
last year, you had a basic calculator (^ not computer though for me...) and something to write on (like a whiteboard kind of, though i don't think i used it at all).
Reply 10
If I remember rightly, the whiteboard is v hard to clean and you don't want to waste your time trying to do so.

Latest

Trending

Trending