The Student Room Group

Why do some people eat loud?

and make generally annoying sounds(loud breathing, sniffing, etc)? Are they just oblivious?

How will I deal with this nonsense in exams? Year 10 mocks were hell as there were more of us.
Maybe they might have asthma which makes them sometimes have breathing problems or they could just do it to annoy people.
I mean, sometimes loud breathing and things like that can't be helped due to medical issues.

I'm with you on the loud eating though, as much as it is a cultural thing in some places, it's just irritating.
Original post by MidgetFever
I mean, sometimes loud breathing and things like that can't be helped due to medical issues.

I'm with you on the loud eating though, as much as it is a cultural thing in some places, it's just irritating.

Yeah.
Sometimes you just want to enjoy your food in silence or without unnecessary noises
when people in my class sneeze, they do that trick that silences it. but i cba and just do the loud-ass dad sneeze lmao.
Because they were raised by farm animals.
sniffing and loud eating really get too me. I would advise either talking before hand to the teachers so they can tell people to blow their noses (say you have misophonia), or if it happens in the exam ask the teacher/invigilator to have a word with the person sniffing. I have never noticed loud breathing, except when someone is sleeping.
Original post by Obolinda
and make generally annoying sounds(loud breathing, sniffing, etc)? Are they just oblivious?

How will I deal with this nonsense in exams? Year 10 mocks were hell as there were more of us.

Can't you just wear ear plugs?
Original post by DiddyDecAlt
Can't you just wear ear plugs?

Don't usually block anything. The ones my dad got
they are oblivious. they don't notice and would only know if someone told them. it's not their fault.
Don't usually block anything. The ones my dad got

Just standard foam ones do a good job of muffling gun shots so they should block out mouth breathers, unless they are louder than gun shots.
Original post by DiddyDecAlt
Just standard foam ones do a good job of muffling gun shots so they should block out mouth breathers, unless they are louder than gun shots.

😂😂
Like these:
Could be misophonia if you’re the only one who seems to notice it.
Do you get a fight or flight feeling whenever you hear it?
I have a false front tooth so I have to eat weirdly because I can’t use my front teeth for eating food
😂😂
Like these:

Exactly them.
Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
Could be misophonia if you’re the only one who seems to notice it.
Do you get a fight or flight feeling whenever you hear it?

Does anger count?
Yes, most sounds just make me unreasonably angry, but sounds like lip smacking & chewing drive me insane and I have to get away from it, I rarely eat with others because of it.

Quick Reply

Latest