The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If you get one of those classic labour clowns trying to big up their party, and if they specifically mention unemployment numbers, ask why Gordon Brown decided to move X (can't remember the amount, but it was something million) million off unemployment benefit onto incapacity benefit to make the figures look better. Just something that never seems to get brought up when unemployment figures get brought up.
Reply 41
Oh yeah btw the panel is Andrew Marr, Hardeep Singh Koli, Huw Edwards and two people i've never heard of. can't remember their names :p:
imomo16
I meant them, lol. I hate phoning people grrr but it has to be done.
I'm probably going to ask something about oxbridge and tuition fees maybe. I bet I'll stutter and go all red Dx

What about Oxbridge and tuition fees? Why is the situation especial for Oxbridge?
Reply 43
i think he means "oxbridge, and also tuition fees" unless I'm wrong! I dunno :tongue:
Reply 44
Ah see, I'm just going to shrivel up! D;
Urmm, well I thought something to do with the recent 'news' that Oxbridge still takes a low proportion of state school pupils and how maybe high costs of university are putting people off. I suppose that could just relate to universities in general actually.
Urgh, why did I volunteer for this again?

redpanda- Can I ask whether they emailed you soon after phoning you? Because I'm not sure to call them up about my email address or not :s-smilie: And I'm a she btw xD
Reply 45
i don't know if just because they rang us it means we'll be asking a question, but still! help!
Reply 46
imomo16
Ah see, I'm just going to shrivel up! D;
Urmm, well I thought something to do with the recent 'news' that Oxbridge still takes a low proportion of state school pupils and how maybe high costs of university are putting people off. I suppose that could just relate to universities in general actually.
Urgh, why did I volunteer for this again?

redpanda- Can I ask whether they emailed you soon after phoning you? Because I'm not sure to call them up about my email address or not :s-smilie: And I'm a she btw xD

I'm sorry I didn't see the edit! They did email me yeah... with an email address for emailing them a quesiton, and also a ticket which i printed and am to take with me. Report to the purple desk, it says, so I shall!
By the way I shall be wearing a light blue tshirt and black skirt and jacket, look out for me everyone!
I'm looking for people but the audience is large. A TSR banner or t-shirt would've been appreciated.
Reply 48
I was in the middle bit! I saw myself, weird! Wearing a baby blue v-neck tshirt :p: But yeah, so weird to see myself!
did you ask a question??
Reply 50
raspberry_lace
did you ask a question??

Nah I wasn't one of the ones picked in the end, I had my hand up a lot but David Dimbleby didn't pick me :frown: Ah well! When Michael Heaver the student panellist said right at the very end that Gordon Brown's policies suck, I saw me laughing and clapping! It was really weird, caught myself quite a few times :smile: About 4 people at once texted me when it came on air saying "I saw you on question time!!" lol.
Anyone else think that the student panelist was the biggest muppet ever? He made me ashamed to call myself a student.
Reply 52
I was on TV!!
I didn't get to ask a question but my head popped into the shot quite often and also David picked me to make a comment. I said something about Iran and nuclear weapons, I have short brownish hair and I was wearing a white top if you saw me!

Yeah, that student guy was an eejit. I had my hand up all the time wanting to argue with him but I never got the chance ¬_¬
Reply 53
I'm sorry, but yesterdays Question Time was one of the worst I've ever seen. Michael Weaver just kept spouting his UKIP ideology, and just kept interrupting people all the time. Though he was a useless Tory leader, IDS kept outshining him, hell, even Douglas Alexander and the Liberal woman did.

And the audience just seemed to be a baying mob, unnecessarily applauding everything Michael said anything, and every time Saira Khan yelled something.

Yes, Saira Khan, what an ******* she was. She seemed to think she was part of a clapometer, the louder she shouted the more applause she got. And she had nothing instructive or informative to say, and it follows a general Question Time trend of putting quasi-celebrities on the panel.

And I was dismayed to see how many people thought Iran is perfectly entitled to nuclear weapons.

But, alas, a la Gordon Ramsay. Rant? DONE.
I hated Saira Khan when she was on the apprentice and hate her even more now. Literally all of her points were stupid and for a big gob she seemed to run out of anything intellectual to say after about 2 seconds.

The student panelist kept trying to act like he was 'with it' using slang when talking about knives and going on about how 'from where I'm from people can't afford to waste food', and yet he's on a politics show. Hardly good for his 'rep'.
I had to go to bed before the end of that so I didn't have to hear Saira Khan speak any more.
A Zimbabwe question...

I've surprised there haven't been assassination attempts made towards Mugabe. I suppose he's got **** loads of security.

It would be ironic if Mugabe died, say, within the next 6-12 months, after the election troubles.
Question Time is a load of bollox anywayz :woo:
The problem with Question Time is you never really hear the politicians opinions, all they do is give you the 'party line'.
Reply 59
imomo16
I was on TV!!
I didn't get to ask a question but my head popped into the shot quite often and also David picked me to make a comment. I said something about Iran and nuclear weapons, I have short brownish hair and I was wearing a white top if you saw me!

Yeah, that student guy was an eejit. I had my hand up all the time wanting to argue with him but I never got the chance ¬_¬

Hmm I don't remember which one you were, so many people I've never met before! I saw myself a few times in the audience =)

Latest

Trending

Trending