The Student Room Group

are catholic schools anti-gay?

i really like this Catholic school for sixth form but there is a strong chance that im bi. i dont want to feel ashamed of it. it has taken too long and i want LGBT to be recognised
I went to a catholic secondary school and no one really cared about sexuality, even if people had very very religious views, they would never give their opinion.
@frostedomq but can you be open about it?
At my school they were very open, but it could be different at other catholic schools
I would assume they very much are anti-gay but nobody needs to know about your sexuality. If the school is good which faith schools often are - higher grades, more funding, then it would be a good option. try to do as much research as possible about this school talking to people who go there. Maybe you can go for a taster day or week?
Most people in catholic schools arent even religious so most of us dont even care - honestly no one gives a sh*t
no. the catholic I went to had lesbians and transgenders. some teachers were homosexuals too. pretty sure the head of RE was a homosexual as well. I think Catholic schools are one of the least anti-homo places.
Reply 7
I went to a catholic high school. They were not supportive whatsoever. Any LGBT support from bullying offered was given in secret by non qualified staff who made it very clear we couldn't tell anybody they were helping us. They did nothing about the bullying and refused to teach anything but labelling it as a sin in religion class.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending