The Student Room Group

How's everyone enjoying their gap year?

If you're on a gap year right now, how are you feeling about it? Are you enjoying it? Are you hating it? What are you spending your time doing?

I feel like I'm not really making the most of my gap year, so I'm just wondering what everyone else is doing with their time :fluffy:
Reply 1
Doing a YINI right now which is pretty cool
Reply 2
Original post by nabsers
Doing a YINI right now which is pretty cool

Hey im considering taking a gap year and to make the most of it do a YINI. Where are you currently working and what is it like?
Reply 3
Original post by Adam63
Hey im considering taking a gap year and to make the most of it do a YINI. Where are you currently working and what is it like?

soz for the late reply, I'm working at MEI and tbh its a different pace of life really im from london so moving out to the countryside (feels more like the middle of nowhere at times) was a massive change but at least a great job and raking in the big bucks compensates for it!
Reply 4
Original post by tagviolet
If you're on a gap year right now, how are you feeling about it? Are you enjoying it? Are you hating it? What are you spending your time doing?

I feel like I'm not really making the most of my gap year, so I'm just wondering what everyone else is doing with their time :fluffy:

Hey,

I'm taking a gap year (finished IB in July 2019) to hopefully make it into medicine 2020. So far I have taken the UCAT, traveled a bit and I am currently doing a work experience at a local hospital (4 weeks in total).

I am constantly changing between feeling amazing that I have more free-time etc. and feeling like I am completely waisting this year of my life. I think you just have to do whatever you want, not being influenced by what others think is best to do in a gap year (at least thats what I am trying to do😅🙈...)

I plan to travel some more in the beginning of 2020, but I will see I guess...

-Sasi-

Quick Reply

Latest