The Student Room Group

Alternate Biomedical science personal statement

Hi, I've applied for 4 Medicine choices and have biomedical sciences at Manchester as a backup. Yesterday, I received an invitation to an interview as well me needing to write an alternative personal statement towards biomedical sciences (as I have only written a medicine personal statement). I wanted to know how similar/different does it have to be compared to my medicine personal statement because I'm unsure how to write a personal statement specific to biomedical sciences.
Also, has anyone had the interview before at manchester and how was it like?

Thanks in advance!
Original post by AhmedAmara
Hi, I've applied for 4 Medicine choices and have biomedical sciences at Manchester as a backup. Yesterday, I received an invitation to an interview as well me needing to write an alternative personal statement towards biomedical sciences (as I have only written a medicine personal statement). I wanted to know how similar/different does it have to be compared to my medicine personal statement because I'm unsure how to write a personal statement specific to biomedical sciences.

Thanks in advance!

Biomed is an academic course, so your focus should be on that rather than the vocational/skills aspects of medicine
Original post by AhmedAmara

Thanks in advance!

Hi!

So since it is a separate personal statement from the medical one I would say that it should be geared 100% towards the biomed course. This means that regarding similarities to the two ps's, if what is in your med personal statement doesn't relate to the biomed course it shouldn't be in the ps.

For some examples of biomed personal statements, TSR has a wiki with some: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Category:Biomedical_Sciences_Personal_Statements
Hi! I also applied to biomed at Manchester. How long did they take to respond to you ?
Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending