The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
im 19 and would go as young as 16 and for a relationship as old as about 22, but just for one night id probably go up to about 35 is the brutal honest truth lol
im 17.. my girlfriend is 15. its not really a problem untill shes acts immature and thats when i realise it. Rest of the time its dandy though
I'm 18 and in theory I'g go up to 35 or so. In practise it's unlikely to be above 21.
My parents have a 22 year age gap, so, that sort of puts me in a funny position. Despite their relationship being wonderful, having now been married for 26 years, my dad has never really participated in things with us. Partly because he's miserable, and partly because of his age, and the fact that he has just lived life already.
When I go into relationships which I want to mean something, I can't unless I assess the future, and I'd never want my kids to grow up the way I have.

(I've definately been attracted to guys of 30ish age, me being 17 and my parents allowing of that gap, if I had wanted.)
Reply 24
Im 19...probably only a year younger and 4 years older (same age/older than my sister would just be odd).
I'm 17, my current boyf is a year younger but it's really not working out. I'd say -1, +4. Although a while ago I had a thing with a guy who was 23 and it was OK, I did feel the difference though, his life was very different to mine.
Reply 26
I'm 18 and I've been seeing a 27 year old. I probably would have thought it was was a bit weird until it was me in the situation! And it's been great with us so....I think it depends on the people to be honest. BUT my brother is only 24 and he hates it, which is understandable!
Reply 27
Hannah_x
The boyfriend is 18 and I'm 15, I'm perfectly comfortable with that... I think I'd say 5 years max at my age.
x

So you'd date a 10 year old? :redface:

I'd go 2 years under, 2 years older, I think. The older you are the less an age gap means really, but for us young people the difference in say someone in mid-teens and early twenties can be quite distinct; (the difference between mid 40's and early 50's wouldn't be a problem.)

:smile:
I'm 18 now. I'd probably say between 16 and 23 ish.
As long as they were younger than my dad and they weren't younger than me I really wouldn't have a problem. But I've only ever met one guy younger than me I would ever remotely consider going out with, and he was a tosser. I think it's right that the girl is younger in most cases. Like, it's okay for a 25 year old guy to go out with an 18 year old girl, but an 18 year old guy going out with a 25 year old woman? Noooooo. Saying that as people get older it's more acceptable for the woman to be the older one.
Reply 30
uthred50
So you'd date a 10 year old? :redface:

Ahem;

Hannah_x
I couldn't cope with someone younger than me.

x

P.S. HAHA it told me I'd quoted myself. That made me chuckle.
16, then up to say, thirty. Although my top so far has been twenty nine.
I'm 19 and my Gf is almost 21. Tbh I'd never have it so that the girl was younger.
I'm 19 and I'd probably say that the oldest I'd go with is about 35. Dunno about youngest age (probably 18) cos I've never been in that situation and always like older men anyway.
Reply 34
I'm 16 (wow that sounds young :eek:) and i was dating someone who was 23 (turned 24 when i was with him). I personally found that was too big of an age gap.
Half your age plus 7, as a maximum age gap is a good rule of thumb.

16 - 18
17 - 20
18 - 22
19 - 24
20 - 26
21 - 28
22 - 30

27 - 40
32 - 50
37 - 60
42 - 70
47 - 80
pendragon

*goes in one ear and out the other* :P
hannah_dru
*goes in one ear and out the other* :P

I've edited it with some examples for you :biggrin:
pendragon

Learn that from QI by any chance?
Nah still not working for me. I don't believe in rules like that.

Latest

Trending

Trending