The Student Room Group

Give me feedback for English language q2

I didn't finish my work cos I'm damn tired. So give me feedback will you?

How does the writer use language here to describe the Tyrannosaurus Rex?
We learn that the Tyrannosaurus Rex is massive and deadly, the one who is top of a dinosaur. It is implied by the writer by the narrator that the Tyrannosaurus Rex is menacing through the following description “Towered thirty feet above half of the trees.” The verb “Towered” emphasis that the great creature uses his colossal Height to show intimidation presence and everything beneath it, is considered as Worthless and anaemic. It shows how intimidation Tyrannosaurus Rex is. Furthermore, there is a similar quote which is a metaphor and the quote“great evil god” Suggesting that Tyrannosaurs Rex is omnipotent being but have malevolent nature. It shows how dangerous Rex is.
(edited 4 years ago)
We learn that the Tyrannosaurus Rex is massive and deadly - the ultimate dinosaur. The writer uses the description “Towered thirty feet above half of the trees” through the narrator to imply as such. The verb “Towered” emphasises that the great creature uses his colossal height to exert its power whereby everything beneath it is considered inferior and anaemic. When compared to its surroundings, it is clear how intimidating the Tyrannosaurus Rex is. Furthermore, the quote “Great evil God” suggests that the Tyrannosaurus Rex is an omnipotent being with a malevolent nature. The use of onomatopoeia shows the reader how significant this primitive being is by comparing one of the two greatest rivalling themes known to man: good vs evil, God vs the Devil. By doing this, the writer makes sure the reader comprehends the true peril of the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
(edited 4 years ago)
I’ll resend my edit
Reply 3
Original post by twist-and-shout
We learn that the Tyrannosaurus Rex is massive and deadly - the ultimate dinosaur. The writer uses the description “Towered thirty feet above half of the trees” through the narrator to imply as such. The verb “Towered” emphasises that the great creature uses his colossal height to exert its power whereby everything beneath it is considered inferior and anaemic. When compared to its surroundings, it is clear how intimidating the Tyrannosaurus Rex is. Furthermore, the quote “Great evil God” suggests that the Tyrannosaurus Rex is an omnipotent being with a malevolent nature. The use of onomatopoeia shows the reader how significant this primitive being is by comparing one of the two greatest rivalling themes known to man: good vs evil, God vs the Devil. By doing this, the writer makes sure the reader comprehends the true peril of the Tyrannosaurus Rex.

oh ****
wow, I guess I need to practice more. Thank you!
Original post by Mori Jin
oh ****
wow, I guess I need to practice more. Thank you!

I meant “oxymoron” not “onomatopoeia”! Sorry! It’s been 4 years since school haha
We learn that the Tyrannosaurus Rex is massive and deadly - the ultimate dinosaur. The writer uses the description “Towered thirty feet above half of the trees” through the narrator to imply as such. The verb “Towered” emphasises that the great creature uses his colossal height to exert its power whereby everything beneath it is considered inferior and anaemic. When compared to its surroundings, it is clear how intimidating the Tyrannosaurus Rex is. Furthermore, the quote “Great evil God” suggests that the Tyrannosaurus Rex is an omnipotent being with a malevolent nature. The use of this oxymoron shows the reader how significant this primitive being is by comparing one of the two greatest rivalling themes known to man: good vs evil, God vs the Devil. By doing this, the writer makes sure the reader comprehends the true peril of the Tyrannosaurus Rex.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending