The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LadyMcCartney4
Who would you be if you could be anyone in the world?

I am pretty happy at the moment, to be honest, so wouldn't swap places with anyone.
Original post by 8472
At the end of the day. If you're an apple and spend your whole life trying to be a banana.. you're never going to be a good banana. But you can become to best apple ever.

Embrace life, embrace reality and roll with it.

And apples can roll better than bananas :biggrin:
Original post by 8472
At the end of the day. If you're an apple and spend your whole life trying to be a banana.. you're never going to be a good banana. But you can become to best apple ever.

Question is why would anyone want to be a banana :puke:
I think I'd be more into the artistic type.

Like pop stars? What could you bring to the party, ie what would you have to offer him?
Original post by Glaz
Question is why would anyone want to be a banana :puke:

Because banana milkshake :perv:
Reply 25
I think I live inside my own head more than real life, because real life sucks.

Yep
Original post by CoolCavy
Better to be yourself than a poor copy of someone else. There are always things you can do to make yourself a nicer/better person even if they are just small things.

Brilliant.

and banoffee pie...

Bananas AND milk?! Are you some kind of psychopath?
Original post by 8472

Embrace life, embrace reality and roll with it.

Wonderful
Lol like where? I don't live in those areas.
Plus I don't have anything to offer someone like that, so it'll have to remain a dream.

You have to try to make friends with students from such places. You can also befriend privately-educated Oxbridge girls because some may have guy friends from similar backgrounds.

You can try to attend public events at Oxford, Cambridge, UCL, Durham etc. depending on your location. There may be current students around and you can get introduced.
Original post by Oxford Mum
Like pop stars? What could you bring to the party, ie what would you have to offer him?

Exactly, nothing.
Reply 32
megan fox or like ariana grande or something, so that i could have every straight guy, too. 🙈
Better to be yourself than a poor copy of someone else. There are always things you can do to make yourself a nicer/better person even if they are just small things.

Nah, I'd rather be someone else.
A celebrity ...someone wealthy
Original post by Wired_1800
You have to try to make friends with students from such places. You can also befriend privately-educated Oxbridge girls because some may have guy friends from similar backgrounds.

You can try to attend public events at Oxford, Cambridge, UCL, Durham etc. depending on your location. There may be current students around and you can get introduced.

I think I'm a bit too old for your average 20 year old student.
I think I'm a bit too old for your average 20 year old student.

Oh, if you are older, then it may be easier. In London, you go to the posh bars around Knightsbridge, Mayfair and those places.

You can also go to events like Royal Ascot, Grand National and other elite public events.
I wish I had more confidence so I’ll be a completely different person.
The version of myself I am in my head.
No one else. I’m content.

Latest