The Student Room Group

Piercings

So I’ve been thinking about getting two more lobe piercings so I have a total of three on each year. I’m new to the piercing world but I really want all sorts of piercings. Obviously lobe piercings aren’t meant to hurt but my pain tolerance isn’t the best and I haven’t had any since I was a little. Could anyone describe the pain and how long it takes to heal afterwards?
Lobe piercings (including seconds/thirds) take six weeks to heal and the pain lasts mere minutes.
Reply 2
Original post by sinfonietta
Lobe piercings (including seconds/thirds) take six weeks to heal and the pain lasts mere minutes.

It takes 6 weeks!? Wow that’s a really long time.
Do you have to like clean it? Do you have to worry about infections usually?
Original post by venuschild
It takes 6 weeks!? Wow that’s a really long time.
Do you have to like clean it? Do you have to worry about infections usually?

I sprayed mine with saline solution twice a day, avoided getting it wet, didn't touch it at all (except with a damp cotton bud to remove any dried blood and plasma), and didn't let my hair touch it. Infections are very easy to avoid. This is how I've treated all my piercings (I've 20+) and my only issues have been caused by irritation rather than infection.
Reply 4
I sprayed mine with saline solution twice a day, avoided getting it wet, didn't touch it at all (except with a damp cotton bud to remove any dried blood and plasma), and didn't let my hair touch it. Infections are very easy to avoid. This is how I've treated all my piercings (I've 20+) and my only issues have been caused by irritation rather than infection.

thank you :smile:
So how does one shower without getting ears wet?
Also does it hurt to remove the earring whilst healing to clean it?
sorry I have so many questions hehe it’s just that the internet isn’t very specific on these kind of things.
Original post by venuschild
thank you :smile:
So how does one shower without getting ears wet?
Also does it hurt to remove the earring whilst healing to clean it?
sorry I have so many questions hehe it’s just that the internet isn’t very specific on these kind of things.

When I have a new ear piercing I typically wash my hair using a cup either in the bath or over the sink instead.

You don't remove the earring at all during the healing process. You clean around it. That's why I use saline solution in a spray bottle - it involves not touching at all! The less you touch it the more easily it'll heal.
Reply 6
When I have a new ear piercing I typically wash my hair using a cup either in the bath or over the sink instead.

You don't remove the earring at all during the healing process. You clean around it. That's why I use saline solution in a spray bottle - it involves not touching at all! The less you touch it the more easily it'll heal.

Ohhhh I see
That makes sense, I’ll keep that in mind when I eventually get them.
Thank you so much :smile:
Reply 7
I want a nostril piercing
I got my seconds done around February, I love them but they came with much more problems than my firsts! Don’t know if I was less rigorous with my routine this time around, but I’ve had about three/four infections since having them, only in the last month them really settling down completely with good quality earrings in. Just make sure you’re committed to cleaning and care etc as the others said!
I'm 21 and got my ears pierced for the first time last week because i used to be scared of needles but i'm actually okay with them now! I got four piercings in one sitting, a first lobe and a second lobe on both ears. I got them done at a proper piercing place with good reviews (and needle not gun) and it didn't hurt much at all (and i have a low pain tolerance). The fourth one hurt more than the first one though, i wouldn't have wanted any more done in that time period. I don't know how to describe it, it was just a bit of a sting i suppose and then it was over, the piercer i had did them really quickly.

I haven't had any issues so far, i've been bathing them in salt water twice a day and i never touch them, sometimes i accidentally brush them but i generally don't want my hands near them haha. I can't wait to be able to change them, i think i'm going to leave them 8 weeks just to be sure they are healed (i don't mind the ones i have in now though, they are really pretty).

I would love a helix in the future, or even a daith, but the fact they are through cartilage puts me off haha, they look so nice though.

Quick Reply

Latest