The Student Room Group

Cambridge Philosophy Interview - pls help!!!!!

Hiya,

I have my Cambridge interview for Philosophy next week! I'm struggling to find much relevant info online and just wondering if anyone could advise me what the interview will likely be about. For example I know with some other subjects you receive pre-interview materials to discuss, is this the same for Philosophy??

Thanks!
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

hey! I have my philosophy interview at cambridge next week too! yeah im also struggling with finding info or practice questions but i guess with philosophy they could literally ask you anything so don't stress about not being prepared because you can never be! on my timetable it says i have to look at pre-interview info and then i presume we discuss it in the interview. Maybe this is just for my college but not sure. Good luck!!!
Reply 2
Original post by random2121
hey! I have my philosophy interview at cambridge next week too! yeah im also struggling with finding info or practice questions but i guess with philosophy they could literally ask you anything so don't stress about not being prepared because you can never be! on my timetable it says i have to look at pre-interview info and then i presume we discuss it in the interview. Maybe this is just for my college but not sure. Good luck!!!

Ah thanks for the reply, I guess you're right they could ask about literally anything as annoying as that is! Mine doesn't say anything about pre-interview material so maybe it just depends on certain colleges like you mentioned. Just out of interest did you study it at A level or done much reading around for it? Thanks and good luck to you as well !!
I study RS at a level but not straight philosophy. I'm going tomorrow and I'm getting last minute nerves about the test we have to sit! Have you prepared or done any questions?
Reply 4
I study RS at a level but not straight philosophy. I'm going tomorrow and I'm getting last minute nerves about the test we have to sit! Have you prepared or done any questions?

The test is stressing me out as well aahha, I've looked at the example they've given us but like there's only five example logic Qs so I can't really get a good vibe of what it's gonna be like. The logic Q stress me out more because they're right/wrong whereas at least in the essay i can try and bs my way through it, I wish there were more past papers online ! In terms of general prep I've done some general reading around but I doubt it's actually gonna help me as I feel like they're more interested in your own thoughts if you get what I'm saying
Original post by LFCAA10
The test is stressing me out as well aahha, I've looked at the example they've given us but like there's only five example logic Qs so I can't really get a good vibe of what it's gonna be like. The logic Q stress me out more because they're right/wrong whereas at least in the essay i can try and bs my way through it, I wish there were more past papers online ! In terms of general prep I've done some general reading around but I doubt it's actually gonna help me as I feel like they're more interested in your own thoughts if you get what I'm saying

yeah exactly! ikr its so hard to find questions and stuff, im quite worried about the essay question too because its not that long to write it and the practoce paper questions were so abstract and random lol!! yeah the logic is stressful because you have to do them so quickly and it takes a while for me to even read the q hahaha, which day are you gonna be there?
Reply 6
yeah exactly! ikr its so hard to find questions and stuff, im quite worried about the essay question too because its not that long to write it and the practoce paper questions were so abstract and random lol!! yeah the logic is stressful because you have to do them so quickly and it takes a while for me to even read the q hahaha, which day are you gonna be there?

I completely agreee lmao and my interview is Thursday but they offered me accommodation for the night before so I'm going Wednesday, didn't you say your interview was tomo ??!
yupp! im here now and already pretty stressed ahahhaa
Reply 8
yupp! im here now and already pretty stressed ahahhaa

Oh **** ahahaaa, guessing your interview is tomorrow then, let me know what the questions are yeah :wink: what college you at ??
lolol at johns wbu?
Reply 10
fairs and St Catz
ahh cool, will let you know how it goes tmr! for now i need to study haha
Reply 12
Sounds like fun aha - good luck for tomo, let me know how it goes !
hey! i i have a philosophy interview too @ king's on wednesday, finding it sooo hard to prep for haha. i do philosophy a-level + did a bit of reading but still don't feel anywhere near ready. hope yours both go well!!
Reply 14
Haha good luck for that ! Wondering what you’re both wearing ?? Idk if I’m overthinking how I look or not lol
i've got a shirt and blazer and i'm probably just gonna wear black jeans, how bout you?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 16
Tbh I acc don’t know, I lowkey just wanna go in jeans and a hoodie but I feel like I have to go smart casual yano
i doubt it matters all that much tbh, just as long as you're comfortable. (:
Reply 18
ahh cool, will let you know how it goes tmr! for now i need to study haha

How did it go ?? (:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending