The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3080
kazss11
Yeah I am now, so much better, even though it feels like a big waste of time, energy, money and what not.
Sorry for the story lol just honestly looking back I cant believe how the hell I was treated that bad for her mistakes.

:hugs: its alright... thats what this soc is for, all moans/advice whether it be good or bad.
Kazss11: Hope you're ok! :hugs:
Hmm i just heard that the guy who i consider to be my boyfriend (we've gone on private holidays, ive visited him just us two at uni etc..) has told his friend that we're not official he's going to take each day as it comes. WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN?!

Im posting this because i consider myself to be in an LDR. Hes also mentioned that he thinks LDR are difficult. (im on a gap year and will be staying in london uni while he's op north)

What a blow. Have other people jumped straight into an LDR or is his method a correct one? Im just curious to know if he has a slightly uncommon opinion.
o god im getting so excited :smile:

User *84 - That sounds bad, LDR are diffcult but if he loves you, it shouldnt matter, I have a Fiance in America and Because of money I only get to see him every 6 months or so.
Him saying your not official sounds like he doesn't want to tie himself down to one girl. which means hes not commited, if he cared about you he would make it offical and not care about what other people thing.

LDR are hard but i jumped into one and love it and every second, all the work to be together in the end will be worth it.
If you feel like hes treating you bad, leave and find someone to treat you better
ANon84: He doesn't sounds like he's worth it. If he cared for you he wouldn't do that.
**CutiePie**
ANon84: He doesn't sounds like he's worth it. If he cared for you he wouldn't do that.

Wow the reaction here has been different to my friends, they were all like 'yuh its a good thing that hes taking it slowly'.

Ive sort of brought it up with him generally but when i mentioned september he said dont think that far away. he's a genuinely good guy and very laid back about everything so the comments arent out of character but I just dont know when/how/if hes going to fully acknowledge that we are in an LDR
Anonymous
Wow the reaction here has been different to my friends, they were all like 'yuh its a good thing that hes taking it slowly'.

Ive sort of brought it up with him generally but when i mentioned september he said dont think that far away. he's a genuinely good guy and very laid back about everything so the comments arent out of character but I just dont know when/how/if hes going to fully acknowledge that we are in an LDR

Hmmm.. It's upto you, but..if a guy said something like that about our relationship it would annoy me a bit.
Anonymous

My boyfriend and I were initially hesitant about getting into a long distance relationship. At that point we were facing 3+ years apart and I guess we both had reservations. But we spent more time together and talked more and realised that we really wanted to be together and would do whatever it took to make it work.

Perhaps have a talk with him? That's the only way you're going to get answers.
We semi jumped into one. I think we both had reservations about it at first but it kinda just fell into place. After we first like 'got it together' we just kept meeting up around every 2 weeks. This was over summer while I was at my family home in London and he was up north. It carried on as I moved back to uni and we continued it and are now doing Bristol to Darlington/Newcastle.

We ended up having a conversation about it where he basically said that he would've asked me to make it properly official if we were closer, but he's worried about how I feel about the distance etc but that he definitely wanted to try and I felt exactly the same. We both agreed we wanted to make it work and so we did and have been doing so since August last year :smile:
We jumped straight into one too. Daunting but worth it!
kaz - sorry to hear your news :frown:
Kinda jumped right into one - but unlike others, no hesitancy. We'd been speaking online for hmmm [jan-may] 5 months before we first met up. We knew he was going to America for ten weeks, a month after we first met in person, and that i was goin to uni around a fortnight after he got home, but after one date of just chatting, and then the next day a kiss :love:
..well, we weren't official for another month, but we're pretty much were, but because of him leaving we needed to clarify the situation. There was no hesitation at all: we both wanted it, thought it was worth a try.

At the end pf the day, that's the point. What have you got to lose? You either break up before the distance occurs/never give it a chance, or you try and then yes, it might fail and many do, or you have a wonderful relationship.
Choice to us seemed obvious.
Roll on Monday! :frown:
I think I may be seeing her next Thursday :smile: But we're both in year 12 and have exams coming up, so I don't think I'll be able to see her til after exams, which really sucks! What do I do? :/
I think it'd be good for you to take a few hours off from revision personally. Convince her to come and see you!
Reply 3094
ahh, finally firmed warwick!!! :woo:

now if I come over, in 5 months time, I shall plunge into an international LDR! :/ its exciting and scary, to say the least. AHHH. probably only be able to see each other during long breaks, which is not very often! :/ like, 2 times a year! :no: 7 hours time difference.

shall treasure the 5 months :s-smilie:
Languagesfreak
I think I may be seeing her next Thursday :smile: But we're both in year 12 and have exams coming up, so I don't think I'll be able to see her til after exams, which really sucks! What do I do? :/

I'm sure you can take the odd day off to see each other?
**CutiePie**
I'm sure you can take the odd day off to see each other?

I can, but her parents are fairly strict about that kind of stuff. I've offered to help her with German revision, but her parents aren't buying it - they just won't trust her to work while I'm there.
Hmm, that's horrible! Could you not convince them to allow her to have an hour off. I'm sure she's not revising 24/7!
**CutiePie**
Hmm, that's horrible! Could you not convince them to allow her to have an hour off. I'm sure she's not revising 24/7!

An hour off? But by the time I get to her house the hour's up xD.
Reply 3099
Languagesfreak
An hour off? But by the time I get to her house the hour's up xD.

Lol well obviously the hour starts when you arrive doesn't it. I mean seriously, she's not going to be revising 24/7 as CutiePie said...

Latest

Trending

Trending