The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Uni of Exeter Penryn to Streatham?

Hi,

I am a student at the Penryn campus, and wanted to know whether it was a possible to transfer up to the main Streatham campus? The Penryn campus is not exactly what it was made out to be.

I am in my first year studying History and Politics, and think it would be better for me to study straight History at Streatham. I did not know whether one may be able to transfer onto the History course at Streatham.

Thanks.
Reply 1
sorry, i can’t help with your problem wanting to transfer, but can i ask what it was about penryn that you don’t like? i’m hoping to apply there this year
thanks and sorry to hear you’re not enjoying the campus :frown:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Generally no because courses are usually full at Streatham and also the grades required are higher but you would be best addressing this directly with the university.
Original post by StudentAA1
Hi,

I am a student at the Penryn campus, and wanted to know whether it was a possible to transfer up to the main Streatham campus? The Penryn campus is not exactly what it was made out to be.

I am in my first year studying History and Politics, and think it would be better for me to study straight History at Streatham. I did not know whether one may be able to transfer onto the History course at Streatham.

Thanks.

Hi @StudentAA1,

I am really sorry to hear that things are not as you expected at the moment. I hope you are doing ok, even without the added stresses for first years this year the move to university and starting a course is a huge transition.

My first advice would be to speak to your Personal Tutor about what is going on and they should be able to support you. Things are very different this year and I am sure you are not the only person who does not think things are what you were expecting. They may be able to help you in the short term; what exactly is it that you are not enjoying because they will be able to direct you to the right people if they are unable to help themselves. I am also happy to help but conscious that this is a public forum and do not want you to disclose anything you do not want to- you can also DM me if you prefer.

For transfer requests you will need to go through the Admissions Team- I do not know enough about the technicalities of it to advise of chances; [email protected] will be able to provide you with a bit more help in this area (it will depend on various things including spaces on the History programme, whether you meet the requirements ect).

Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions that I can help with.

Melody
University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team
Original post by burleys
sorry, i can’t help with your problem wanting to transfer, but can i ask what it was about penryn that you don’t like? i’m hoping to apply there this year
thanks and sorry to hear you’re not enjoying the campus :frown:

Hi, did you apply for Penryn?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending