The Student Room Group

reliable method of studying?

heyy, so currently I'm in year 12 studying business, computing, and psychology and I have my mocks after the break-in January.

After my GCSE's I wanted to really improve my grade (since the majority of subjects I got a C on average) and to do that I have to get a really good grade in the mocks but I'm not sure if the way I'm studying is good enough?

So what I've done is that for example for business, I took all of the past paper questions and put them into flashcards with the model answer at the back and I'm planning to memorise that since its probably going to be in my mock. ( 90% chance)

Is this a reliable method of studying?
Original post by study-granger
heyy, so currently I'm in year 12 studying business, computing, and psychology and I have my mocks after the break-in January.

After my GCSE's I wanted to really improve my grade (since the majority of subjects I got a C on average) and to do that I have to get a really good grade in the mocks but I'm not sure if the way I'm studying is good enough?

So what I've done is that for example for business, I took all of the past paper questions and put them into flashcards with the model answer at the back and I'm planning to memorise that since its probably going to be in my mock. ( 90% chance)

Is this a reliable method of studying?

Nope. Don’t memorise. I’d recommend printing out the past paper questions. Attempting them under timed conditions. With a separate pen, make corrections and mark your paper. Give yourself a total. Take a sheet and list all the subtopics and give your percentages. Do atleast 3 papers for each subtopic. Calculate your average and see if you made any progress.

Highlight the questions with different colours.
One colour if you got the answer but worded it unclearly.
One colour if you are confident with the question
One colour if you had no clue how to start the question.

Make a folder of all the questions you got wrong and repeat them often according to their colour.

Quick Reply

Latest