The Student Room Group

South bank or City

Hi,

So I received and unconditional offer from South Bank university to study law, and a conditional offer from City for law. On every comparison website, south bank is overall better than city. However, apparently city has a better reputation.

I’m really stuck and don’t know what I should do, can someone help me?

Thank you!
Reply 1
So I’ve looked at the Guardian, the complete university guide and I’ve looked at unistats
Reply 2
Yeah I’ve looked at those and south bank is better. But I don’t know which one to go to as city has a better reputation apparently.
Reply 3
Literally all aspects, employability, student satisfaction, the teaching.
Original post by Ferhatak1
Hi,

So I received and unconditional offer from South Bank university to study law, and a conditional offer from City for law. On every comparison website, south bank is overall better than city. However, apparently city has a better reputation.

I’m really stuck and don’t know what I should do, can someone help me?

Thank you!

I also think City has a better reputation for Law and if LSB are making unconditional offers to people without A levels or high A level grade predictions, that tells you they are not very competitive. Having said that, I doubt it would make a lot of difference which one you go to.

Have you visited them both?
Reply 5
See I have visited both and I have pros and cons for both of them. I also think that their isn’t much difference which one I got too. In addition to this, I saw on another thread that city’s reputation is very good for post grad and undergrads didn’t really matter.
It seems that you would be better off going to City @Ferhatak1 but the unconditional offer is drawing you to LSB. However, you would need decent grades anyway to have much chance of making it as a solicitor.

Is it possible to Firm City and Insure LSB?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending