The Student Room Group

Not allowed to wear makeup in the work place?

Anyone else not allowed to wear makeup to work ? Never been told this at any other jobs but my new job is a dental nurse & apparently we’re not allowed to wear it
Original post by B1204x
Anyone else not allowed to wear makeup to work ? Never been told this at any other jobs but my new job is a dental nurse & apparently we’re not allowed to wear it

I used to do work experience at a dental clinic and the nurse wore a full face of makeup 😂. Different workplaces have different rules.
Is this mentioned in your employment contract or the company dress policy?

I've heard of dental nurses being told no fake eyelashes or no nail-varnish.
But not a total ban on all makeup.
Reply 3
Original post by londonmyst
Is this mentioned in your employment contract or the company dress policy?

I've heard of dental nurses being told no fake eyelashes or no nail-varnish.
But not a total ban on all makeup.

Nope not mentioned in my contract of employment but the manager was like in my interview “your not allowed to wear makeup”😂
Reply 4
Original post by HannahWilson9
I used to do work experience at a dental clinic and the nurse wore a full face of makeup 😂. Different workplaces have different rules.

I see those all the time too 😂I think it’s unfair & makes no sense makeup would be banned the only reason I can think of is the fact we wear masks over our mouths in surgery?
How much make-up do you wear? Did it look like you wear a lot during your interview?

I imagine wearing foundation/eyeliner would be fine as it's hard to tell you're wearing it unless you've caked it on/it doesn't suit your complexion. Nail varnish, fake eyelashes, lots of mascara are indeed kinda excessive for a dental nurse IMHO.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by B1204x
I see those all the time too 😂I think it’s unfair & makes no sense makeup would be banned the only reason I can think of is the fact we wear masks over our mouths in surgery?

It isn't unfair and it is a very reasonable request. Some makeup can be easily brushed off and deposit on the patient.
Reply 7
Original post by 0le
It isn't unfair and it is a very reasonable request. Some makeup can be easily brushed off and deposit on the patient.

Not really because my face isn’t gonna touch the patient is it 😂😂 you make no sense, doctors & surgeons in the nhs come into work with full makeup on yet they don’t transfer makeup to patients

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending