The Student Room Group

Going into pharmaceutical industry with a degree in pharmacy?

Hi everyone!
I’m currently in my second year of studying pharmacy. Just thinking forward to the future I know I would like to get a job in industry as opposed to retail or hospital! Was just wondering if anyone knew if MPharm was a well respected or desired degree in most areas of industry. Of course I’m open to doing a postgrad if required to make my CV more competitive!
Cheers x
Reply 1
I'd make the post-grad a PhD in Pharmaceutics then. Other options include regulatory affairs if you are into laws/ethics and all that MHRA type stuff.
As for desired, the MPharm, by the number of people who actually get into industry with just that, it would seem not. If you can get an Industrial pre-reg split with community/hospital that would be good but last I read on here, there are about a dozen a year, if that! I would start looking on websites of pharma companies for vacation work, but you may be competing against life-science students and those doing things like pharmacology degrees. Could you transfer to a pure pharmacology degree? Something to discuss with your tutor perhaps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending