The Student Room Group

Would you use an app that asks you specific questions on each chapter in a textbook?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by bluemuffin
I think it depends first of all on how expensive it is. All those features sound useful but I think I would only be convinced if it improved the quality of my revision and include some sort of guarantee e.g. “get at least an A or your money back” which I’ve seen around

that's fair enough - I am thinking of having basic and premium pricing.

Basic - pay £2 for access to the questions for each book
Premium - pay £7 per month and get questions for up to 5 books. Cancel/pause membership once your study period is over, e.g. summer holidays etc

What do you think?

The guarantee definitely sounds reasonable - or even something like 'increase your grades by at least 1 level or get your money back'

You could even test the app for free with one of the books you're currently working on, to see if it would improve the quality of your revision. And i could get your feedback!
Original post by yoyoyomo
that's fair enough - I am thinking of having basic and premium pricing.

Basic - pay £2 for access to the questions for each book
Premium - pay £7 per month and get questions for up to 5 books. Cancel/pause membership once your study period is over, e.g. summer holidays etc

What do you think?

The guarantee definitely sounds reasonable - or even something like 'increase your grades by at least 1 level or get your money back'

You could even test the app for free with one of the books you're currently working on, to see if it would improve the quality of your revision. And i could get your feedback!

I think that could work well! Good luck
Reply 22
I think that could work well! Good luck

thanks! would you be willing to test the app for free? i can tailor it to a textbook that you are working on. let me know :smile:
thanks! would you be willing to test the app for free? i can tailor it to a textbook that you are working on. let me know :smile:

I’d love to trial it out! Which subject?
Reply 24
Original post by Anonymous.23
I’d love to trial it out! Which subject?

i'm open to suggestions! let me know what subject and textbook you would want to trial it out on
i'm open to suggestions! let me know what subject and textbook you would want to trial it out on

A level bio or psych? The textbooks I use are listed in post #6

Yeah sure if you’re happy to do that!! Edexcel A level chemistry would be great
Reply 29
ok thanks for the responses guys, I'll keep you updated! for now i'll probably have to focus on 1 textbook as I'm doing this on my own. unless you guys know of anyone who would be willing to send me the questions and answers for the books for £20?! Win-win situation - go through the book and note down the questions and answers, which will help with your revision and get £20 in the process!

this would mean i can focus on the app side of things, rather than having to buy the book and go through all the questions
ok thanks for the responses guys, I'll keep you updated! for now i'll probably have to focus on 1 textbook as I'm doing this on my own. unless you guys know of anyone who would be willing to send me the questions and answers for the books for £20?! Win-win situation - go through the book and note down the questions and answers, which will help with your revision and get £20 in the process!

this would mean i can focus on the app side of things, rather than having to buy the book and go through all the questions

I could do this for you if you’d like (for the bio a level text book)

Yeah sure as previously discussed I would be happy to do this for edexcel a level chemistry! Let me know how many and which topics would you want and how many questions for each topic you want.
Reply 32
Original post by Anonymous.23
I could do this for you if you’d like (for the bio a level text book)

awesome! thanks, i'll DM you separately to discuss further :smile:
Reply 33
Yeah sure as previously discussed I would be happy to do this for edexcel a level chemistry! Let me know how many and which topics would you want and how many questions for each topic you want.

awesome! thanks, i'll DM you separately to discuss further :smile:
I would so use it when will it be available
Reply 35
Original post by holly6901
I would so use it when will it be available

good to hear Holly! what subjects and textbooks are you using?
good to hear Holly! what subjects and textbooks are you using?

I use the A level WJEC media studies textbook
OCR a level sociology textbook
Reply 37
I use the A level WJEC media studies textbook
OCR a level sociology textbook

ok cool - that's something for me to look into, as it's easier to have summary questions at the end of each chapter for the hard sciences, as they would be more factual questions. maybe it'll be a case of making sure sociology and media studies ones would have questions covering the key aspects of the chapter. do your media studies and sociology textbooks have summary questions at the end of each chapter already?
ok cool - that's something for me to look into, as it's easier to have summary questions at the end of each chapter for the hard sciences, as they would be more factual questions. maybe it'll be a case of making sure sociology and media studies ones would have questions covering the key aspects of the chapter. do your media studies and sociology textbooks have summary questions at the end of each chapter already?

A few not many the media studies one is particularly bad
Reply 39
A few not many the media studies one is particularly bad

noted, will keep this in mind!

i'm currently trying to obtain questions for a couple of books so i can test the app on some users. once i've tested it and tweaked it, i will expand to other books, so will definitely add Media Studies to that list!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending