The Student Room Group

Missing first tutorial / lecture of the semester

Uni starts back tomorrow however I have something on at the same time as my classes that I can’t miss so I’m going to have to miss uni. Will it be an issue if I miss them?
I doubt it. I never go to my lectures but I always go to the tutorials. Most universities have a site where they upload their recorded lectures and on the odd chance that something goes wrong I can always ask people for notes, or download the lecture slides.
Original post by Anonymous
Uni starts back tomorrow however I have something on at the same time as my classes that I can’t miss so I’m going to have to miss uni. Will it be an issue if I miss them?

Shouldn't be a massive problem. Just make sure you read any slides afterwards as there may be crucial administrative information you need to know as it's the first lecture.
Have you checked the course content? From experience, the first lecture/seminar is usually a useless "introduction" and a waste of time. However, this might not be the case.

If you HAVE to miss it, just email the lecturer/tutor and apologise and ask if there was any crucial information pertinent to the course, or reading that you need to do etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending